Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Updated: Thu, June 09, 2011

• Reported By: Craig — Clinton Mississippi United States of America
Office Depot

Office Depot Performance Protection Plan Dishonest Internet

I purchased an Acer lap top at Office Depot.  The sales rep was bashing Best Buy.  I purchased the protection plan because he said it would cover any and everything that went wrong with my computer.

After having my computer for Five months, the screen went black.  I sent it off to have it fixed.  I went about three weeks without a computer.  It wasn't long before my screen went bad again.  I sent it back off.  They told me that if I sent it back in a third time for the same problem, they would reimburse me with a check.  I sent it off for a third time for the same problem and they said they would fix it and that it had to be sent in a fourth time for the same problem to be reimbursed or sent a refurbished computer under their "no lemon policy".

I received a different answer from each person that I spoke with.  I informed them that I did not want a refurbished computer just a refund check so I can take my business elsewhere because I did not like the way I have been treated.  On a Tuesday, May 31, 2011, they informed me that someone would be getting in contact with me on June 9, 2011 to let me know the status of my computer.  This time they have had my computer for about four weeks and done nothing but delay.  They new what they were going to tell me a week ago.  Why delay?  They called this morning (June 9th) to let me know that they would be sending me a gift card in the mail and I should receive it within 7-10 business days.

I called back and got a different answer from Manager: John ID # 605010.  He informed me that I have a check coming in the mail but if I receive a gift card, call him back and they will send me a check instead.

They don't know what they are doing (clueless) and do not realize the outcome of their actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2011 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/internet/Office-Depot-Performance-Protection-Plan-Dishonest-Internet-738718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot