Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Updated: Sat, April 14, 2012

• Reported By: tl — Anchorage Alaska United States of America
Office Depot

Office Depot online purchase Quickbooks download scam, Internet

I purchased several items online from Office Depot.  They had the Quickbooks Pro 2012 edition on sale for that day only which was better than the other offers from Intuit.  I on line chatted with a representative and he said all of my items were available and would arrive the next day.  Once my payment was processed the rep told me that the Quickbooks was not available.  I told him to cancel the order because I needed it that evening.  He convinced me to purchase the "download" version which would be available immediately so I did.

I was emailed an order confirmation but no download.  I called the next day and the rep from South America said I had to wait 24 hours for the download to become available. Also my order confirmation for my other items stated that they would not be delivered the next day as stated, but 3 days later.

24 hours later and no download.  I called Office Depot, South America again, said they would email the down load right away.  Received another stupid email confirmation with no down load link.  I called again, someone said a supervisor would call me within 4 hours.  No one called that day.  I received a message at 5 a.m. the next day stating they were sorry and had emailed the down load link.

Checked my email and found another order confirmation with no link!  Also, my new order confirmation showed that my shipping date for other items have been pushed back again.  I called again and the rep said I will send you the link now.  She did, no link.  She said someone will contact me later.............   Besides the fact that I will probably never see my items or my money this has really put me in a bad time crunch.  Beware of online purchase scams!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2012 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/internet/Office-Depot-online-purchase-Quickbooks-download-scam-Internet-868796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot