Complaint Review: Office Depot

Office Depot
www.officedepot.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Office Depot Never have advertized computers in store or online Web Order DE

Why I will never buy another thing from Office Depot

Every time you advertise a good deal on a computer, your stores never have them. When those stores call other stores, those other stores never have. then your sales reps tell me "Oh that's been discontinued" So why advertise it.

Every time I order something from Tech Depot that was advertised in print or on your site, I get told "Oh that's been discontinued"

My last order: Purchased online from OD website for store pick up, charged 899.99, although your phone reps say I wasn't. Call me the next morning, state that the store I want to pick computer up doesn't have any and I cannot get on delivered because ummmmm "It's been discontinued" Call store: Store has 2, we'll hold it for you, GREAT!!!! But since OD online is holding $899.99 (901.00 actually) I can't pay for new computer. Ask OD online to call my credit card company to release the hold, poor English speaking rep tells me that my card was not charged, ummmm my cc says it was, 901 hold pending could take 3-5 days to drop off. CC company says we'll gladly drop the hold immediately if OD calls and provides some info and I can buy computer immediately. Again OD rep speaking poor English tells me that my card wasn't charged.

Called store for assistance, guy tells me "Sorry this kinda stuff happens all the time, and there's nothing I can do." At least I could understand him.

This year Best Buy and Staples will get all my computer business, which I plan to buy one nice desktop, 2 laptops, an LCD projector, a 42 inch HDTV, and related software titles. All by Christmas.

No matter how irresistible your prices are, no matter how many tempting emails I get, I would rather pay more from a Store or Website that provides quality customer service, consistent prices between Web and Store, and actually carries the products they advertise, not discontinuing them the day the ad hits the streets.

Thank you for making this so easy for me.

If I have a good experience, I will tell 2-3 people by word of mouth, and none via the internet.

If I have a bad experience, I will tell 10 by word of mouth and MILLIONS via the internet.

West Deptford, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2008 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/nationwide/Office-Depot-Never-have-advertized-computers-in-store-or-online-Web-Order-DE-383478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot