Complaint Review: Office Max Assurance

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Anita H — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Office Max Assurance

Office Max Assurance Misrepresentation - Lies, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for the 'mis-understanding between what you were told and

When I purchased my laptop, the service protection plan was offered.  Iasked several times when told that the warranty was for 2 years, if that meant for 2 years only or for 2 years after the manufactures warranty. I was told that it was in addition to the 1-year manufacturers warranty and still included breakage from dropping, spilling liquid on it, etc. (employee #00420282).  When I registered it on line, it only came up as 2-years.

When I contacted Office Max I talked to Marlena and she told me that wasall it covered.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and spoke with Jackie.  She informed me that I should have read the policy.  I expect a reputable(?) company like Office Max to have honest, reliable employees.  Their customer service employees were exceedingly rude.  I also purchased a printer from another store and that transaction was very pleasant and expressly honest.  Office Max needs to have a better control of their employees/managers and offer solutions when they are out and out liars!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Max-Assurance/internet/Office-Max-Assurance-Misrepresentation-Lies-Internet-841052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Max Assurance

Sorry for the 'mis-understanding between what you were told and

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

the actual contract.
That's why there are WRITTEN CONTRACTS, to eliminate the "he said," "she said."

What the clerk/cashier told you will be overriden by the written contract in EVERY instance.

"I expect a reputable(?) company like Office Max to have honest, reliable employees."

I would bet the employees are, for the most part, honest and reliable...experts, hardly.
These are people earning barely above minimum wage and shouldn't be relied on to give 100% accurate information, even if, ideally, yes they should be able to do.

I just re-read the 2 yr. replacement policy I got from Office Depot and it's pretty much what they told me.  Some minor differences, but I don't see anything rising to the level of deception.  Even if it disagreed with everything they told me, it would still be on me for not exercising caution and reading through it before purchase.