Complaint Review: Office Max - Sage - Peachtree Software

• Submitted: Wed, March 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Arlington Heights Illinois
Office Max - Sage - Peachtree Software
P.O.Box 54009 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

Office Max - Sage - Peachtree Software Rebate Refusal Delay ripoff El Paso Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Simpe Confusion

On Jan 7 I bought the Peachtree Accounting 2006 at OfficeMax with a rebate promise of $165 within 8 weeks.

I sent in the electronic rebate form the next day and mailed the paperwork. Peachtree sent me an email confirmation on 1/9/06. On 3/7/06 OfficeMax sent me an email stating "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."
On 3/28/06 I received a postcard from SAGE stating the Serial number on the application ( clearly visible and scanned into my computer ) was invalid.

When I called and repeated the serial number, I was told I would receive my rebate in an additional 4 to 6 weeks for a total of 14 to 16 weeks! This is clearly an abuse of the processing to delay payment.

I am sure I am not the only one. I emailed office max in protest, but have yet to receive a reply ( with a 24 hr promise ).

Robert
Arlington Heights, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2006 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Max-Sage-Peachtree-Software/El-Paso-Texas-88554/Office-Max-Sage-Peachtree-Software-Rebate-Refusal-Delay-ripoff-El-Paso-Texas-183945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Max - Sage - Peachtree Software

Simpe Confusion

AUTHOR: Brent - (U.S.A.)

When Office Max did do mail-in rebates, we did everything we could to help consumers. I guess people believe Office Max owns every company whose products we sell, however this is not true. The company who sells the program this individual purchased is who owes him the money. This exact same situation would have happened to this person no matter where he purchased this product. The problem lies with the company who offered the rebate - Peach Tree.

noticed