Complaint Review: OfficeMax

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 23, 2008

• Reported By:Trumbull Connecticut
263 Shuman Blvd Naperville, Illinois U.S.A.

OfficeMax Pricing error leads to some orders fullfilled while the rest of us are lied to. Naperville Illinois

On May 15th, I ordered 2 SimpleTech 250GB Portable Hard Drives, Item no. 21519732, via the OfficeMax website. Since May 15th my order status has been Pending. I called Customer Service this morning, May 20th, and was told my order was cancelled citing a typographical error with the price. I then asked if all orders for this item were cancelled and was told yes. In fact, all orders were not cancelled and some customers who ordered the identical item did receive their product. I was then transferred to a supervisor, Laurette, who told me the same thing.

When I asked her what criteria OfficeMax used to send items to some customers and then tell other customers that orders were cancelled, she had no comment. I asked when my order was cancelled and she said May 19th. I then asked why there was still a hold on my credit card and she had no answer. I also asked why the Order Status page of the website still showed Pending and she had no answer.

OfficeMax shipped the item in question to many of their customers, using some type of criteria, and when their stock was depleted, they told remaining customers it was a price mistake. I talked to Cindy from OfficeMax's Executive Response unit and was told the same story. Her customer serviced skills were very poor. She also told me I would have to call the credit card company to release the hold they put on my card. As of May 21st, my credit card is still on hold by OfficeMax. I called my credit card company and they stated OfficeMax would have to release the hold.

Trumbull, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2008 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OfficeMax/Naperville-Illinois-60563/OfficeMax-Pricing-error-leads-to-some-orders-fullfilled-while-the-rest-of-us-are-lied-to-333973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OfficeMax