Complaint Review: OfficeMax

• Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Gainesville Florida United States of America
OfficeMax

OfficeMax Laptop misrepresented as in stock on website Internet

I ordered an Acer Timeline 15.6" laptop online at OfficeMax.com on Thursday, January 14th that stated it was in-stock and ships in 1-3 days. First, I received a call from customer service verifying my credit card and address information. Then I called on the following Tuesday OfficeMax customer service to see when it would be delivered and the representative told me by the end of this week.
Then on Thursday, January 21 I received an e-mail "We are sorry to inform you that we cannot fulfill your request for the ACER 15.6 TMLNE LAPTOP. This item is not available for delivery in your market area at this time."
Meanwhile, since I have received this new e-mail stating that my laptop cannot be delivered, the price of the same laptop has increased by $150 and it still displays that it is in-stock and still will ship in 1-3 days.
I contacted customer service and spoke to a supervisor and she told me that it is not available at the district warehouse, and I asked her why they cannot ship this item from another district warehouse where it is in stock. She told me that they will not ship it from "Hawaii" because it will be damaged when it arrives.
Then I proceeded to call another OfficeMax store, and while it was not in stock at my local store it was in stock in two different OfficeMax stores located about an hour and a half from here. Then when I called customer service again they said they cannot ship it from the store to my house.
I called the OfficeMax store that had it in stock, and the manager would not even honor the price of the laptop that I had originially purchased it at online. Not only did I waste a half of day calling customer service and managers but I did not even get the laptop I ordered.
I will not waste my time on OfficeMax again and encourage everyone else to take their business elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OfficeMax/internet/OfficeMax-Laptop-misrepresented-as-in-stock-on-website-Internet-557908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OfficeMax