Complaint Review: Officer Jennifer L. Lemke US Park Police

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Orlando Florida
Officer Jennifer L. Lemke US Park Police
1100 Ohio Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242 Washington , Dist of Columbia USA

Officer Jennifer L. Lemke US Park Police Very indecent, unintelligent human being Washington DC

*General Comment: Hit the nail on the head

*General Comment: Got what he deserved

I could not believe what I saw when I can across this video and report. I have put the link below I am even more saddened that I did not see anything written about any of the officers personally who were responsible. I am a former NYS trooper. These officers were very unprofessional and very brutal. I see where the person is shouting and causing a scene. The proper thing to then do is to go to the guy (which they did) but to call him over and talk to him. Get him to calm down and explain they he can not rip down the notices. I do not know if that is illegal in the first place however. Shouting and screaming obscenities in public of course is however it is not necessarily something that warrants an arrest. If they had begun to speak to him and the person continued to be uncivil then it is proper to remove him from the streets. However they did not do that. The guy did not seem to be all there but he still deserves a chance to show that he can be decent. [continued below]....

..... If they had to make an arrest what they should of done was verbally said to the guy you are being places under arrest and told him to place his hands behind his back. if he refused then physicality was appropriate. However what really struck me was that this person used her taser which was very brutal. In my opinion she should have lost her job. He did resist however it was not yet at all at the point where he needed to be tasered. You are taught to always use words before physicality as a police officer. The reason the man resisted was because he thought he did nothing wrong and had the right to resist. All of this could have been avoided with communication. A police officer is expected to be able to communicate very well. I believe all officers involved should have lost their job simply for poor communication. Jennifer Lemke however should certainly lose her job for tasering the person not only the first time when it was not necessary but apparently did not remove the bolts which you are to do right away after the suspect is cuffed. Also I believe I read that he was still being tasered after being subdued. There should absolutely be a lawsuit filed against the city and against Jennifer Lemke personally. Possible against the other officers also.

I could not believe that no one has thought to write about the officers personally. They are the ones mostly at fault although the city is certainly to blame also as well as who ever had trained them. Unfortunately people do very little which is why very little changes. By writing about this person this will be here for the rest of their life. Every employer they ever interview with will see this. They very well could lose jobs in the future and anyone decent or good will want nothing to do with them professionally or personally. It is very important to file complaints and write such things as these. I googled this girls name and nothing about her came up. That is very disappointing in my opinion.

Jennifer Lemke and her co workers should absolutely be ashamed of themselves. I hope this person takes the proper action or someone advises him to do do. Anyone that comes across this person should know that when someone is indecent to others that is exactly how they will be to you. You probably want to stay away from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Officer-Jennifer-L-Lemke-US-Park-Police/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia/Officer-Jennifer-L-Lemke-US-Park-Police-Very-indecent-unintelligent-human-being-Washing-1124585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Officer Jennifer L. Lemke US Park Police

#1 General Comment

Hit the nail on the head

AUTHOR: Marc - ()

I could not say it better then this guy did. I am a current Officer. No communication once so ever to start. You need to make someone calm with communication and that makes an arrest much easier. It does not matter that this guy was clearly not a model citizen he still has rights. I don't know if an arrest was even necessary. He was resisting but he did not know he did anything which is why he did.

I heard no words from the officers once so ever. I am very shocked by that. You only use a taser when absolutely necessary. There were several officers there to subdue him physically. Also the next thing to do would have been to threaten him with a weapon. It was not yet at this point esp when this guy clearly had no weapon and clearly had no intention of harm he just simply did not understand the situation.

To the person who wrote the previous rebuttal I must say I will certainly be staying away from Alabama. He is not a scumbag he is a human being who deserves to be treated with decency. I have came across far worse believe me. When a guy beats his wife I treat him properly because that is only right.

It saddens me what government employees are able to get away with. This is due to the fact that people do very little about it. This girl looks very young. She is going to be paying for this for a long time as there were things writtin about her that I saw that will be there for the rest of her life. In my professional opinion these people should not be police officers but there are many out there that shouldn't be.

#2 General Comment

Got what he deserved

AUTHOR: AnonYmous - ()

First off, I am a retired Alabama Trooper with 25 years of service.  It is clear that he resisted arrest and the officers (following the use of force continuum) used the least amount of force needed to take control of the subject.  Lastly, the Taser appears to be an M26, which speaking from experience of being tased in order to carry, is much weaker than the X26.  He took a 5 second ride, who cares, tase them all and get the dirtbags out of the park.