Complaint Review: Official Moving / National Moving Network

• Updated: Sun, November 12, 2000

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Official Moving / National Moving Network
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Official Moving / National Moving Network held my goods hostage 300% more than estimated

I had an absoloutely horrific moving experience through National Moving Network and Official Moving. The long and short story: I contracted my move via the internet through National MOving network who gave my move to Official Moving. I was moving from Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA. I got an estimate for 1850.00 from NMN. Official packed me up (all the while stating it was 'going to be so much more but he would cut me a deal'). I did not opt for the deal.

I left atlanta on 6/23 and drove to S.F. I was suppposed to receive my goods b/t 7/5-7/8. They held my goods hostage for over 3 weeks and told me it would cost over 300% more than estimated and would not deliver until they received a check for half that amount. Not knowing what to do, I sent a money order for that amount.

Upon delivery, they did not have a weight ticket, which by law they need, and still would not deliver. Thank god for my driver who helped me (with another co.) and after involving the US DEPT of Transportation, I finally received MOST of my things 2 weeks later and overpaid by $700.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Official-Moving-National-Moving-Network/Atlanta-Georgia/Official-Moving-National-Moving-Network-held-my-goods-hostage-300-more-than-estimated-3828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Official Moving / National Moving Network