Complaint Review: Ogemaw County FOC, MI

• Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: JZachary — Flint Michigan United States of America
Ogemaw County FOC, MI
806 W. Houghton Ave. West Branch, Michigan United States of America

Ogemaw County FOC, MI Tonya Schagel, enforcement officer Victimizing mentally ill/disabled, Prosecuting SSI/DI recipients, lying under oath. West Branch, Michigan

*Author of original report: Yes?

*Consumer Comment: Ummm...

I have been dealing with this problem for the better part of 7 yrs.  This office, particularly the named (Tonya Schagel, formerly Gouin) have illegally attempted to prosecute me at least twice, has changed support amount and not notified anyone (me or my attorney).  I have multiple physical/neurological disabilities including ankylosing spondylitis, autism, mood disorder, ADHD, and many social barriers with regard to being in public.  I applied for SSI and would have been accepted (was given a closed period of disability because of short lived employment i had aquired) had i not succumbed to the constant weekly harassment/threats on my freedom (i had no representation, and had just left the hospital for mental health concerns, I was subsequently thrown in jail, released, immediately show caused upon my release for non-payment, referred to MI rehab services where I got a PT job, and after about 3-4 months was forced to resign due to my license being suspended by the FOC even as payments were being taken out of my check as per the withholding order, was again show caused and incarcerated, again released and immediately show caused, again referred back to the program MRS, the program this time around elected to send me to college and now the enforcement officer is again changing the support amount with out any notification and show causing me for non payment.  I am now reapplying for SSI under the guidance of my vocational counselor and attorney...  This court has forced me to proceed without council, refused me a hearing, and many more things...  Let it be known this individual and the office she represents are GUILTY of fraud, false imprisonment, perjury, civil rights violations, abuse of authority, denial of due process, denying representation to the indigent, cruel and unusual punishment, and exploitation of the mentally ill/disabled....  PLEASE HELP US I am not the only one being victimized, my attorney has other clients on SSI/DI being illegally prosecuted by FOC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ogemaw-County-FOC-MI/West-Branch-Michigan-48506/Ogemaw-County-FOC-MI-Tonya-Schagel-enforcement-officer-Victimizing-mentally-illdisabled-988936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ogemaw County FOC, MI

AUTHOR: JZachary - (United States of America)

The whole story is immensely complicated, and loss of job would most likely occurred in not much longer of a period of time due the illness anyhow, like every other job i had and i would be better off publishing a novel size document on the ins and outs of this case, i have paperwork, letterheads from employers, the support of the plaintiff, etc etc, and most have done what seemed to come from you as well, appear critical... Anyone that has dealt with this agency can account for the total lack of legality and professionalism on behalf of the FOC.  As for "the whole story" i would be willing to talk anytime to explain in better detail, though the media of communication is my preferred due to some problems i have interacting with people...  Lets just say i was very naive, and susceptible to threats and intimidation rendered on me by the said parties...  Disabled or not, you will take any job you could get when the court disagrees with your health status and threatens jail time, right?  Needless to say I had no support network at this time, and with the help of MRS and an attorney i now have something of one, which is one factor leading me here...  Other incidents include flagging federal refunds for garnishment, then redacting it and refusing to give the cash back to us, attribute my account the funds and actually giving me a negative balance which was then whittled down to nothing via court dates every month for a year, keep in mind i have never been more than a 1000 behind in arrears and this is only because they are playing dirty by not notifying us of changes, letting it stack up and then slapping me with it all at once...  As for the others on SSI/DI this worker is doing this to, because it is a court order their is public record of this all...  However getting anyone to believe you when you describe this hard enough let alone getting someone to do something..  I will gladly offer anymore information you would like to know, any paperwork you would like to see, as well as contact to both my attny and my MRS vocational rehab counselor contact information if this would help better iterate the "whole story", Thank you for the query :)

Ummm...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You describe all of these conditions(physical and mental) that supposedly keep you from getting a job.  Yet you held a job and according to you the only reason you lost that job is because your license was suspended because of back Child Support...nothing about it being because of your condition.

I wonder what the full story is.