Complaint Review: Ohio Adoption Reunion Registry

• Submitted: Wed, October 13, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, December 04, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Ohio Adoption Reunion Registry
PO BOX 856 Waynesville, Ohio U.S.A.

Ohio Adoption Reunion Registry ripoff dishonest unprofessional fraudulent paid for services not render Waynesville Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Try to do your own investigating.

I hired (Ohio Adoption Reunion Registry) January of 2004, and this was the first time I've tried to find my family. So I fell for the "No Find, No Fee! " I felt the company could be benefical with my search. After our first conversation I was told I needed to pay $150, I was naive and eager to reunite with my biological family so I gave him my credit card believing he was going to help with my reunion.

I was then told I need to get in touch with my original adoption agency to get my non-indentifying information. I started looking up agencies via internet, after finding them we called Ohio Adoption Reunion back and that's when the lies began. We were first promised information the very next month. Then we were told definitely after he received my non indentifying information. We gave him a another month and nothing, so we waited until the non identifying information came back and faxed him the report and still nothing!!!

We started calling him once a week and they would embellish the truth, None of his information was correct. He didn't know anything about my family. Instead of being professional, and admitting they were clueless. The deception just continued!!!!!

I decided to go to Ohio to visit family and I called informed them of our future visit. Our contact with Ohio Adoptee Registry went from minimum to non existent. While there we left numerous voicemails without any response. Our visit was back in June!!!!! They have "If we have not completed the search six (6) months from the date the search began, we will supply any and all information to you that we have compiled to this point" posted on their website and today is October 14th and I have yet to hear from them!!!!!!! So let this be a lesson learned

"Believe nothing you hear and 50% of what you see!!!!!!"

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2004 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ohio-Adoption-Reunion-Registry/Waynesville-Ohio-45068-0856/Ohio-Adoption-Reunion-Registry-ripoff-dishonest-unprofessional-fraudulent-paid-for-service-112882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ohio Adoption Reunion Registry

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try to do your own investigating.

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I don't know how much information you have about your family but little things can take you a long way in the investigation process if you know the right people to call.
Previous address
You would'nt think how much information you can get with barely nothing about the person.
I do auto repos so I know how it is to find people expecially ones that don't want to be found. With a little time and a lot of phone calls you might get some where.
Write back and tell me what information if any you have and I will give you suggestions as to how you could utilize the information.
P.S. Don't use internet sites that charge you to look for people. I don't know of anyone in the business that has ever used those sites and was ever produced positive results.