Complaint Review: Ohio Department of Taxation

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Lookingtomoveacrossthestateline — Harrison Ohio United States of America
Ohio Department of Taxation
P. O. Box 2057 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Ohio Department of Taxation Continually harrassing me for taxes I don't owe dating back to 2002. Totally ignores any correspondence. Placed judgments against me and ruined my credit! Columbus, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ohio Department of taxtation

*Consumer Comment: Same Thing Happening to Me

I have an ongoing dispute with the Ohio Dept. of Taxation.  They continually accuse me of not filing my taxes, many times after they have sent me my refund.  Currently my 2002 tax filing is in dispute to the tune of $2800.  That amount is after they applied my 2010 refund of $701 to in and dispite the fact that they actually still owe me $1263 for my 2002 refund I have never received.  They are also claiming I owe money for 2008 School District Income Tax.  I filed an amended return for that, sent it and our W-2's.

I NEVER get a response from them except for more demands for money.  Now they have obtained judgments against me, which have ruined my credit.  I always make my contact via certified mail so that I have proof they received my documents, but that has done NO good whatsoever.

Any ideas short of getting in my car and driving to Columbus?  I am getting desparate enough to do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ohio-Department-of-Taxation/Columbus-Ohio-43270/Ohio-Department-of-Taxation-Continually-harrassing-me-for-taxes-I-dont-owe-dating-back-t-744789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ohio Department of Taxation

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ohio Department of taxtation

AUTHOR: me mash - ()

They are harrassing me also with some made up number during a period in my life were I didn't even have a place to stay! I d**n sure wouldn't be living in a efficiency apartment right now lol! If I owe them all this money they claim I would love to see were the heck its at this is absolutely ridiculous I seriously think they randomly pick people.

Same Thing Happening to Me

AUTHOR: Paula - (United States of America)

The same exact thing is happening to me!  They claim I did not pay ANY taxes for 2002, 2005, and 2006.  And, like you, I received REFUNDS those years!  I was able to send them the 2005 and 2006 W2s and that took the amount owed from $15,000 down to something like $2,000 (of course this includes fees and interest).  I do not have copies (yes, that's my fault) of my W2 return (just my husband's) so am now trying to get that information from the social security office.  The employee at the state that I spoke to was very helpful and she suggested that.  She also told me that this is VERY common!  WTF is wrong with the State of Ohio's Taxation Department that they 'lose' people's tax information after it has been filed?  If they were able to see that we made x-amount of money, why coudn't they also see that x-amount had been withheld and paid to the state via our employers??