Complaint Review: Ohio Model and Talent Agency

• Submitted: Mon, May 02, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: Rennie — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Ohio Model and Talent Agency
5422 East 96th Street, Suite 210 Garfield Heights, Ohio United States of America

Ohio Model and Talent Agency Stone Model and Talent Agency Beware of Scam Garfield Heights, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Positive Experience

*Consumer Comment: Positive Experience

*Consumer Suggestion: Ohio Model and Talent not a scam

Ohio Model and Talent is quite unprofessional and a scam.  It is especially egregious that children and young people are taken in by their false impression of connecting with agencies and so-called "training."  We paid $360 for a showcase billed as an opportunity to meet and sign-on with top casting directors and ad agencies.  The price was supposed to be for fees for these "directors" to fly in, as well as to pay for the event being held at a local Holiday Inn.  When we arrived at the Holiday Inn we were told that no such event was scheduled.  We called and were informed that it was to be held at the modeling agency building.  We could at least have been informed about the change--or rather refunded the difference, given that there was no hotel fee to pay as promised by the school in a letter and face-to-face.  Our payment was non-refundable!

Also, I had to argue with Diane, the office manager, about getting comp card for my daughter.  The cards were promised weeks ago.  Many other models had not received theirs also after weeks for haggling.

The "training" and promise of getting signed with area clients are also rip-offs  No such "connections" or opportunities for signings were presented after the models complete training.  This scam is about taking advantage of young, idealistic girls and boys who see a future in modeling or acting.  It's simply a means to extract money from parents who wish to give their child a crack at their dreams.  The "training" was substandard at best and led to nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2011 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ohio-Model-and-Talent-Agency/Garfield-Heights-Ohio-44125/Ohio-Model-and-Talent-Agency-Stone-Model-and-Talent-Agency-Beware-of-Scam-Garfield-Heights-724638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ohio Model and Talent Agency

Positive Experience

AUTHOR: Mr. Stamp - (United States of America)

From walking through the door, to signing with Ohio model and talent, I have Experience professional, knowledgeable and approachable personal.  I have never witnessed nor can i even imagine a person being ripped off by this company.  I have graduated from the male acting class and frequently receive calls for auditions in Cleveland, including several call backs!!

I know that after my experience i have an extremely bright future and am going on, to the EXPO, to hopefully be found, and possibly sign with one of the major talent agents and model over seas.  It's still hard to imagine anyone being wronged by Ohio model and Talent,  If you have the drive and do what you say you are going to do, they just help you through it all.  Ohio Model and Talent Agency is very reputable and I wouldn't sign with any other agency in Ohio.

Positive Experience

AUTHOR: Mr. Stamp - (United States of America)

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Ohio Model and Talent not a scam

AUTHOR: Renoir Whitney Gaither - (United States of America)

A small rebuttal is in order.  It is true that the company changed plans about the place of the event.  it was not held at Holiday Inn as planned and we did have to call the agency on the same day, just a few minutes before the scheduled practice for the event.  A more professional agency might have contacted us.  My main grip as described in this report is with the photographer, Eric, who did not promptly present the comp cards.  I too had a brief argument with Diane, the office manager about it.  The next day the cards were there.  As I told Laura, the head of this agency, and about which she concurred, the problem was resolved on the day of the showcase, but I don't think customers should have to notify the agency about things like moving the planned site of an event or comp cards.

However, I'm making this rebuttal to say that Laura, the owner, DID do all she could, given that she was not aware of the problems with the cards.  I appreciate her trying to follow up on my complaint the day of the showcase.  My experience is that she has always acted in a responsible, professional manner.  And despite the row over the comp cards, I don't think it was her fault.  I would urge parents seeking to bring their child to this agency to speak with Laura.  I DON'T believe Ohio Model and Talent is a scam.  But I think it can be improved in terms of better service to its customers.  My family and I live in Toledo, Ohio, and we need a similar modeling agency here.  So good luck to Laura and other staff as I think they can provide a great service to the Cleveland area.  My daughter's training was outstanding in many respects, and the length of training time was distinct in many ways.  I think the agency should provide some training to support staff going forward:  For starters, offer apologies to customers where obvious, such as not contacting customers after a change in venue, rather than sloughing off the situation.
I hope this rebuttal will be used constructively for both new customers and the agency.