Complaint Review: Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

• Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
410 W. 10th Ave. Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center 2 RN's that work in the psych hospital 2 RN's screamed in face of visitor and 1 grabbed her to try to get her leave while other staff yelled at patient Columbus, Ohio

While visiting my son who is autistic and was hospitalized on one of the psych units that OSU Harding Hospital, he was falsely accused by the nursing staff of getting ready to hit me which he wasnt.  They didnt like him being admitted there again because he the past they accused him of being a "groper" and the staff doesnt know anything about autism and the behaviors associated with them.  They resent him for being there and they hate me for having him there.  On that particular, evening they told me I had to leave and when I tried to explain to them that my son was not going to hit me and I didnt have to leave.  When they told me to leave and I left the room, my son became hysterical and visibly upset because he didnt want his mother to leave.  When I tried to tell them he wasnt going to hit me, TWO RN'S (including the one who was assigned to him that shift) screamed directly in face and the one who was assigned to him grabbed my jacket and tried to pull away from his room.  I told her to "get your hands off of me" and my son was crying because what they were accusing him of, me having to leave and I heard another staff shouting at him "DO YOU WANT HER TO LEAVE, DO YOU WANT HER TO LEAVE".  They called security on me even though i didnt do any threatening behavior and i went down to the lobby.  I requested that the hospital discharged my son because i feared for his safety.  I know if they dont know how to treat a family member and talk to me the right way, that they dont know how to deal with him and his special needs.  They refused to discharge him, because they said the doc hasnt seen him yet and told me I couldnt visit him the next day.  They also refused to let my son talk to me on the phone the following evening.  He was very upset that I couldnt see him that day and I heard him say to the staff "can my mom come and see me" which she started telling him to get off the phone and if he didnt she "was going to call security".  My son frantically said "dont call security" and the phone hung up.

Im happy to say i got it all on AUDIO TAPE.  The visit, verbal attack and assault.  I also got the phone calls during that brief hosptialization, everything is on tape.  Also, a security officer telling me in the lobby when they made me leave, "maybe they will learn from it because everytime they call security, they are calling on your son".

When i got home, i was devastated, pissed and fearing for my son because i know the staff hates him because of his disability and behaviors.  They also hated me and that's why there so-called professional nurses couldnt treat me AND talk to me a decent way.  I called one of the local news stations and told them what had happened, how me and my son was treated and that they wouldnt discharge my son at my request even though i am also his legal guardian. The new stations said they will email OSU and they should get it Morning morning.

During this time I had called the patient liaison for Harding Hospital expresses my concern and feelings.  Monday afternoon, a social worker called and wanted me to come to the hospital and I told her i want my son discharge from that incompetent hospital and she said we can do that.

So he was discharge that day but I havent heard no apologies or anything from OSU about it.  I know like most of these corrupted institutions they just want to sweep it under the rug but im gonna do that. I wanted those nurses written up and told the security officer and he just looked at me like i was crazy!  Well my tapes arent crazy, they are the real deal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2012 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ohio-State-University-Wexner-Medical-Center/Columbus-Ohio-43210/Ohio-State-University-Wexner-Medical-Center-2-RNs-that-work-in-the-psych-hospital-2-RNs-903340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center