Complaint Review: Oil Can Henry's

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 02, 2012

• Reported By:brookings Oregon
Oil Can Henry's
336 5th St. Brookings, Oregon U.S.A.

Oil Can Henry's Franchise oil can henry's are RIP-OFFS Brookings Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Not Cattle

*General Comment: Not so fast

*Consumer Comment: Above Compaint is fake...

Not all of the oil can henry's are rip-offs except for the franchise stores. The corporate owned stores are owned by a very rich guy by the name of John in Portland Oregon. The corporate stores are mainly located in Oregon and Washington, but there are also the franchise stores located in these states that are owned by people who think they can make the bucks to rip people off. How do i know this you might ask? I am an employee of the Brookings oil can henry's which is a franshise. The owner of this store is from england, who is a rich, money hungry snob.

The main goal each day as an employee is to make the business money to keep the boss off your butt. We do not get commision or paid really well to do what we do. My boss wants our ticket average to be above $70.00 at the end of the day. If we do not succeed he pulls his "time to stick my foot up your *#@ meeting." We recently had one of those meetings and he told all of his employees that if we don't start selling more then he will have to fire the old and hire the new. I really don't think that is legal in the united states to fire your employees just because he's not making the money he wants to make. We are not aload to smoke on the premises any more, so if we want to have our paid 15 minute brake "which we never get" and have a smoke we have to clock off the clock and walk to the sidewalk out of uniform to do so. So in other words if we are smokers and want a brake we won't get paid to have our paid brake. We also supposed to get a 30 minute lunch brake which only some of us gets. The main sellers don't get a lunch brake, He says that we have to eat and work at the same time.We were getting paid $11.00 an hour and getting monthly bonus's, but now down to $10.00 an hour and no monthly bonus. He took our dollar raise away because he is not making his million dollars. I watched him fire an employee because he forgot his work hat at home.

I seen my boss talk to this one female customer for a good 30 minutes or so urging her to do all of these services when she told him that she didn't have the money to do so, but in a way he made her do what he was telling her cause at the end of the service the damage was almost $300.00 . I have witnessed other times where he would do this to other people, mainly females. He is making us reccommed services to people that don't need the services done, if the customer says no, he would say " Remember our meeting, out with the old in with the new". Our assistant manager is now on heart medication do to stress and he has been ther for only three years. Our pit guy fell while on the clock and hurt his back. You would never guess where our boss sent him, to the chiropracter instead of the doctor's office. That way his insurance would'nt go up . We are supposed to get medical after a year of being there,''it's in the employee hanbook" and he is to cheap for that to. Our slogan is " Oil Can Henry's is the one you can trust". I work there and i can't trust them.

So not only does he rip-off customers he also rips his employees off.
Any one who wants to work at the brookings oil can henry's, BEWARE.
And don't let the short guy with an English accent force you to do any additional services if you happen to be in brookings oregon and need an oil change...

anonymous
brookings, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oil-Can-Henrys/Brookings-Oregon-97415/Oil-Can-Henrys-Franchise-oil-can-henrys-are-RIP-OFFS-Brookings-Oregon-392246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oil Can Henry's

Not Cattle

AUTHOR: Bob - (United States of America)

I am am in agreement with this employee that is with oil can Henry's. I am not an employee but a friend of a assitant mgr. that work's for a store in the oregon area.  My friend told me on more then one occasion' that the owner has down sized concerning pay.  And the pressure is there for selling as much product as possible. This is not a problem since this is what they are in the business for is making a profit. However, How they make this profit is the question. Maintaining a good work force is key to any business if they want to maintain a profit margin that is successful in keeping the company moving forward. However, when there is bad moral among employee's it can have a direct result on the company's profit margin and the overall success of the company. Therefore it is paramount and very good business to keep your employee's happy and that will result in happy customer's and overall profit for the company. I find it troubling that when an employer such as the one in Oregon treat there employee's as cattle and not as human's, there will be a direct result to there business and repitation and will hurt there business. Employee's find themselves in a no win situation because of the power these employer's have with there powerful attorney's and deep pocket's. Employee's are left to complaining on websites as this one because there is really no other outlet to vent.

#2 General Comment

Not so fast

AUTHOR: Al - (United States of America)

Have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Oil Can Harry's in Brookings.
They do ask if you want them to check other things but get real, if you do not ask for the order you will never get it. There was no pressure at all.
The young employee should learn how to spell.
 If his employer was treating him wrong he should file a complaint with the  Labor Commissioner.

Above Compaint is fake...

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

The above complaint is fake. I thought this thing was done away with. This was filed by a person who was mad at being fired and tried to get other guys fired along with him, by framing them with this report.

Oil Can Henrys is a great place to get your oil change done. They go above and beyond duty. I dont take my cars any where else.

Hello, if this report was true, dont you think there would be more complaints found.