Complaint Review: Oil Can Henry's

• Updated: Thu, April 08, 2010

• Reported By: goldust — Tenino Washington United States of America
Oil Can Henry's
4659 Whitman Lane, Lacey, Washington 98513 Internet United States of America

Oil Can Henry's, Lacey, Washington Cannot be trusted with your automobile Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Its true

Shortly after having my car's oil changed and maintenance done at Oil Can Henry's in Lacey, WA, my wiper fluid did not work.  It turned out that, even though below-freezing temperatures are not only common at this time of year and were forecast at the time the work was done, the company filled my fluid reservoir with a soap solution with no antifreeze.  When I confronted the company, they told me that they never add fluid with antifreeze because 1) the cost would be too much, and 2) "it never freezes in western Washington".

When I told them that this could have damaged my car, since water expands when it freezes, they were completely unconcerned and unapologetic.

This makes me wonder what other things they saving money on.  Oil quality?  Did they really add synthetic oil to my car?  What about the air filter - is it a cheap one too?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2009 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oil-Can-Henrys/internet/Oil-Can-Henrys-Lacey-Washington-Cannot-be-trusted-with-your-automobile-Internet-534823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oil Can Henry's

Its true

AUTHOR: Oilcan Henry employee - (United States of America)

So yes, both the Oil Can Henry on Marvin road, and on Whitman lane use a water/cleaner solution, that will freeze, to fill up customers washer fluid reservoirs. I have personally dealt with several complaints (some where pretty heated) about the fluid freezing, and every time I was presented with a complaint either myself or one of my co-workers would grab our "hot hose" (a hose that disperses steaming hot water), and flush out the reservoir until all the old freezable wash was gone. So we do care to a certain extent (though I work at the Marvin rd store, so maybe its different over at Whitman lane?). At any rate, this complaint is creditable, our window wash does freeze, but that doesn't mean that our oil is cheap. We use Castrol, and you can look it up and see that it is a very high quality oil. Our air and oil filters are made by a company called "Service Champ" that you can also look up. In a lot cases our filters are of better quality than the manufacturers filters. As far as us not putting synthetic oil in when that's what you are paying $70.00 plus dollars for. Lets just say that's Jiffy Lubes thing. I have never seen it happen at Oil Can Henry's, not even by mistake.

So if you are worried about our window wash, just tell us. As soon as we pull you in just say "Please don't fill my window wash." and we won't.