Complaint Review: OkUsedCars

• Updated: Sat, February 22, 2014

• Reported By: Izzie01 — Omaha Nebraska
OkUsedCars
4707 Northwest Radial Hwy Omaha , Nebraska USA

OkUsedCars Warren Anderson aka Andy Mother of four savings ripped Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: What Time Is It?

I was told by okusedcars that they would supply me with a good used car. I explained that i was a mother of four fleeing from an abuse relationship and i needed a van to allow space for the children and somethings i was to be bringing along. I was told not to worry that they would do their best and they would sell me a reliable car. I told them i had no more than 3000 and they stated that they would lower the price of an 3,900 van for me to 3000. I thought i was gettting a deal. I paid cash money, recieved my title. Three days later the transmission went out as all lights on the dash turned on. Thank the lord i had not left town right away. I called ok cars off saddlecreek right away to speak to owner. He explained to me that this was a act of God and this could have happen to anyone. I asked would he give me back all or at  least more than half my money, he simply stated no. [continued below]....

..... He said what he would do is go in half on the cost to fix the transmission, Are you kidding me I ask? This cruel man Andy was so serious. You see Andy and his staff come off as upright christians who just want to see OK people leave in OK cars. The truth is his cars and his sales are garbage. Days go by and he explains that he is trying to get the best price for the transmission and the labor. He finally decides that he finds the best price. 2,300 and we split that amout down the middle, he pays this and i pay that. But the funny thing I notice is that he wants me to bring my half to his used car location and not the auto shop were i had the van towed to. To make a long story short he had my van towed from the auto shop back to his dealership. There he had an already used transmission with many miles and his auto staff that was willing and ready to do the labor for cheap. He just wanted me to pay an extra 1,150 dollars to get it done. So lets sum this up quickly. You charge a woman of 4 and overpriced van with a bad transmission. Then you lie and say another auto company will do the work, we will just have to go in half on a bill of 2,300. But secretly you have the van towed and your untrained staff were prepared to do a work "that should have been done to begin" for an additional 1,150. And the whole time he tells me he is giving me a deal with a smile on his face. Never buy anything from these  guys they are all jokes. I ended up just having my car towed to a auto repair shop in which i trusted. Neveragain.

Disgusted

Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OkUsedCars/Omaha-Nebraska-68111/OkUsedCars-Warren-Anderson-aka-Andy-Mother-of-four-savings-ripped-Omaha-Nebraska-1125608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OkUsedCars

What Time Is It?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Its time to put the "poor abused mother of four" sympathy card away and look at the FACTS.  You say you wanted to spend $3000 for a "reliable" car, right?  How much reliability do you think you are ENTITLED to for $3000?  What you opened yourself up for is buying some old used, worn-out high mileage junk on its deathbed.  Secondly, did you even have this thing checked out by a mechanic of YOUR CHOICE?  Nope.  Did this purchase include a warranty?  If not, then you bought it "AS IS".  Why do you think you are ENTITLED to free warranty service IF you have no warranty?  Don't waste your time claiming, "You must work for them", because I don't!

sheep