Complaint Review: Okeechobee County

US 441 and State Road #78 Okeechobee, Florida United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Okeechobee County Responsible Department of Government for the proper lights and signs on State Road #78 and US 441. Intersection requires you to take your eyes 70% to the left, worse than cell phone distraction that caused a vehicle accident on 6/12/09 and fine for careless driving, no damage to vehicles but my For Okeechobee, Florida

*General Comment: I GET IT

Dear Editor,

I have driven over 57 years with no accidents due to improper signage at State Road # 78 and US 441 on 6/12/09 I was coming from Walgreens after getting a prescription filled for my wife. The car in front went thru the yeld sign, I pulled up to the yeld turned my body to look for traffic thru and over a left lane of traffic rolling at less than 5 mph by the time I looked back to the front that my vehicle was traveling the Ford Mustang had stoped, the bump was so light that there was not even a scratch on the rear or front bumper of the cars, but it fired my airbags and totaled my car. The passinger in the Mustang claimed a back injury and my Insurance company settled for 25,000. I was not injured but had to purchase another vehicle my Insurance has tripled and payment of a fine to Okeechobee County which caused a financial hardship. All this happened because if the resposible parties had the proper lights at this Intersection, they talk about cell phone distraction this Intersection requires you to take your eyes off the traffic ahead to look 70% to the left thru a left lane of traffic. I would like an Attorney to bring an action against the responsible parties.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Okeechobee-County/Okeechobee-Florida-34974/Okeechobee-County-Responsible-Department-of-Government-for-the-proper-lights-and-signs-on-575908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Okeechobee County

#1 General Comment

I GET IT

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

I get why you don't feel guilty but you ran into the rear of another vehicle,

you are at fault

It takes more than "the sign is poorly placed" or "the intersection poorly designed" to get a sucsessful lawsuit going.

Buy the way I did a very similar thing with my Tiny Little "City Car" into the back of a Ford 350 pick up. $120 damage to my car  (head light lens), $3500 damage to his Harley edition pick up.

My fault, OOPS. At least no fraudulant claim for whiplash.