Complaint Review: Old Brooklyn Lantern (Telebrands)

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: mrajfura — Linden New Jersey United States of America
Old Brooklyn Lantern (Telebrands)
79 Two Bridges Road Fairfield, New Jersey United States of America

Old Brooklyn Lantern (Telebrands) Charged for extra lanterns that I did not order. Auto enrolled me in savings club for $15 per month. Fairfield, New Jersey

Went on line to order the lantern, buy one get second one at $9.99, once order was placed I was charged for both and yet another lantern at $12.99 plus the original shipping cost of $6.99. At the end of the order there was an offer for a $50 gift card for Walmart.

Called for the $50 Walmart gift card, since I used a phone number from work for the order and was calling from home I had to give them the phone number that I used for the order, and was automatically enrolled into the monthly savings club which is free for 30 days but will be charged $14.99 per month for this service. They asked me if this was OK and when I said no was given a number to call to cancel this offer. It seems that they have the credit card number tied in with the phone number and then automatically charge you.

When calling to have one of the lanterns removed I was told that they could not still see the order but they could place a new order for the correct number of lanterns and they would then cancel the original order. They could not guarantee that the original order could be cancelled. I will call back tomorrow to cancel the entire order because of their practices.

Will also be calling back to cancel the monthly savings offer which I just wanted to find out about the $50 Walmart gift card. Man fell right into that trap. Did not know that they had credit card info tied to phone number. Because the number is an 800 number they can see the number you are calling from. Since I used a different number for the order, i had to give them that number to verify the lantern order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 02:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-Brooklyn-Lantern-Telebrands/Fairfield-New-Jersey-07004/Old-Brooklyn-Lantern-Telebrands-Charged-for-extra-lanterns-that-I-did-not-order-Auto-e-990392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old Brooklyn Lantern (Telebrands)