Complaint Review: Old National Bank Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 17, 2006

• Reported By:canton Georgia
Old National Bank Corporation
oldnationalbank.com Evansville, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Old National Bank Corporation ripoff, can't close account, they close after -$120.00 balance Evansville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: They took advantage of me!

*Consumer Comment: So what's the problem?

had a bank account, moved out of KY. attempted to close account there they said could'nt due to pending transactions, ok i waited another week, called the bank, tried to close account again, then they said they could'nt because of a -$70.00 balance including I/S FUNDS charges do to sister in-law mathmatical errors, I said what, they did'nt close account.

a few months later after their charges, late fees, or whatever other fees they came up with my account was turned over to a bill collecter and then i owed the bank $120.00 and the collector added another $7.00 to the account,( before bank finally closed the account)

Valarie
canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2006 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-National-Bank-Corporation/Evansville-Indiana/Old-National-Bank-Corporation-ripoff-cant-close-account-they-close-after-12000-balan-178470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old National Bank Corporation

They took advantage of me!

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

Let me tell you the story of what happened to me. Back in 2000, I was a Freshman student at the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville, IN, and I was looking for a bank to open an account with while I was there. I had mainly to choices a bank called 5/3's or Old National Bank, I had heard nothing of either of these banks so I thought that Old National was the more reputal bank.

So I opened an account with them; big mistake. I left the college after one semester in December of 2000, and closed my account after waiting a week for final transactions to go through. Well, I get home, and open a BankOne bank account and then I get a letter two months later from Old National Bank in Evansville, IN saying that I owe them close to $400, because two $15 dollar transactions that came through after it was closed. They had charged me a $30 dollar fee for each of those, and then opened my account back up and was charging me $5 a day for being negative. So to make a long story short, they said I had to pay to be able to close the account, I just went along with it, and told them I would "get paid on the 15th of march and would pay them." They put in the computer that I would pay them the 15th. That how it all started.

Next thing I know, I get a letter a month and a half later saying I how close to $800! I called right away, and the lay on the phone said I had to pay the whole thing, because I didn't meet my end of the bargain. I told her they were suppose to close the account but they didn't. And I was told that even if I paid they would keep my name in check systems, so I wouldn't be able to get any checking account anywhere for at least 5 years. I went back and forth for years.

Next thing I know, I am getting deployed overseas to support Operation Iraqi Freedom with the Army National Guard. I was told I need a checking account. I wrote a letter to Old National Bank so they would take me off check systems saying that they took advantage of a young college kid and that they are holding me back from my future, and I recieved a letter back from them saying that they checked with the back and the fees are valid.

So went to deployment with no checking account. I am back now, and I am trying to use my VA home loan, that I have earned through my service for my country, and I have to explain why I owe $350 to Old National Bank. I just recieved a letter this week saying that I have to pay this money, or I wont be able to open any Checking accounts.

After all the hoops I jumped through, and all the unvalid fees I paid already, they want to mess my future up by keeping this on my credit report?

So what's the problem?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If your SIL caused the OD fees have her pay them.

Banks usually don't close accounts unless they are at a zero balance (I think for a full statement cycle, but I am not sure). That means positive or negative, the account will remain open until it becomes a zero balance. If it remains at a negative balance for some amount of time (again I am not sure how long) of course they will send it to collections. It is money you owe them just like any company that hasn't been paid will do.

ONB isn't ripping you off. That is the policy for most banks.

If your SIL refuses to pay the fees, take her to small claims court (assuming you have adequate proof that it is indeed her fault). Otherwise you are responsible for the fees and charges.