Complaint Review: Old National Bank

10420 Maysville Rd Fort Wayne, Indiana United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Old National Bank Overcharging unnecessary bank fees and overdraft fees while offering overdraft protection Fort Wayne, Indiana

*General Comment: Sweetnam LLC Announces Old National Bank's Motion to Dismiss Overdraft Protection Fee Class Action Denied

I have been banking at this location before it was purchased by this company and the bank changed names. I have maintained a good status at this location under both bank names. Previously it was CHarter One Bank. When bought by the new company, (Old National Bank) I had to provide information and was offered overdraft protection on my bank account.
I was paid by an employer a check that was returned. The check was returned by the bank it was drawn off of because the account had been closed. I checked with my employer and they had made a mistake by printing a check from their old account. On the day they printed checks the office person was to shred the old checks. She accidentally printed payroll from them instead of printing from the new account. I know this company I work for is very reputable and never have had issues prior to this. The bank took the check deposited it into my account...and without any notification started charging over draft fees each time I used my debit card. In addition to the overdraft fee they charged a fee for returned check and a daily overdraft fee as well as a fee for having overdraft fees. So with one purchase on my debit card I got hit with over $90 in fees. My check was for $400 and by the time they were done with fees they charged my account near $600 in fees. I had to deposit $1000 into my account to make the $400 check good. Now, with that said, I signed up for overdraft protection. I was approved for that. I was supposed to have $300 overdraft protection and anything over that would be taken from my savings account.

Did not happen. They charge me monthly for overdraft protection and did not provide service. This bank is small. 2 branches in Fort wayne, IN I want to spread the news and shut them down before they start off by ripping off my friends and neigbors. This is a BAD BANK GONE BAD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2009 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-National-Bank/Fort-Wayne-Indiana-46835/Old-National-Bank-Overcharging-unnecessary-bank-fees-and-overdraft-fees-while-offering-ov-480103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old National Bank

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Sweetnam LLC - (United States of America)

CHICAGO, July 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- An Indiana judge has denied Old National Bank's motion to dismiss a class action complaint filed on behalf of the bank's customers who were charged overdraft protection fees when they used their Old National Bank debit cards.  According to the complaint, the bank reordered its customers' debit card transactions to increase the bank's revenue from such fees.  "We believe that this practice is unfair to consumers, especially when the amount of the fee exceeds the transaction amount," said William M. Sweetnam, managing member of Sweetnam LLC in Chicago, Illinois, who represents the plaintiff and the proposed class.  The amounts charged, typically $35 per overdraft paid, can amount to hundreds of dollars in fees charged to consumers who rely on their debit cards for everyday purchases.  Recently, federal legislation was enacted requiring consumers to opt-in to receive overdraft protection and consent to the associated charges.  Old National Bank has denied the allegations of the complaint.

Old National Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Old National Bancorp and provides banking services in Indiana, Illinois andKentucky.

About Sweetnam LLC:

Established in 2008, Sweetnam LLC was formed to represent victims of fraud at the hands of corporations, financial institutions and insurance companies. Sweetnam LLC has extensive experience prosecuting class actions in state and federal courts across the country involving violations of consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices statutes, breach of warranty and violations of federal securities laws, shareholder derivative suits and appeals. Sweetnam LLC has acted as lead counsel, co-lead counsel and has been a member of the executive and steering committees in consumer, antitrust and other class action, complex and multidistrict litigation matters.

For further information, visit www.sweetnamllc.com

Media Contact: