Complaint Review: Old Town Animal Hospital, Dr. Shannon Hicks

• Submitted: Sun, June 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 21, 2009

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Old Town Animal Hospital, Dr. Shannon Hicks
1750 Avenue D Katy, Texas U.S.A.

Old Town Animal Hospital, Dr. Shannon Hicks DANGEROUS vet/boarding facility! Katy Texas

My 6 month old Golden got a horrible staph infection from boarding here for 3 days. When I picked him up, he was a different dog. He was weak, skinny and looked like a neglected stray. His neck and elbow were bloody and oozing. Dr. Hicks was uncaring, and made light of his condition. Although he started him on antibiotics, he was much worse the next day, lifeless and not eating. I had to take him to another vet as I was visiting my sister in Katy. I had to pay $565 to another vet to sedate him, shave the area, do bloodwork, diagnose and treat the infection. My sister's puppy was also boarded the same weekend and got staph, but not as severe. I do not understand why no one tried to call me or my sister all weekend. The second vet who treated him said he was ignored and neglected for the infection to be that advanced. I had to pay for the boarding that could have killed my dog.

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-Town-Animal-Hospital-Dr-Shannon-Hicks/Katy-Texas-77493/Old-Town-Animal-Hospital-Dr-Shannon-Hicks-DANGEROUS-vetboarding-facility-Katy-Texas-463541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old Town Animal Hospital, Dr. Shannon Hicks