specimen

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By: enicma — Los Angeles California United States of America
Old West Publications
11300 US Highway 93 Lolo, Montana United States of America

Old West Publications involuntary magazine subscription, against will, rip-off, false pretenses, harassment Lolo, Montana

Old West Publications offered me a subscription, at what seemed a good price during the offer, to several magazines.  I told them that I wanted a week or two to think it over and asked them to send me a list of available magazines so I could determine whether or not they even offered publications that interested me.  I did not hear from them again, but started getting magazines.  Several months later I received a phone call stating that I owed money for the magazines I had been receiving (to recap, I never agreed to the subscription).  I told them that I had never agreed and wouldn't pay.  I also told them that I would be happy to return all sent magazines as a show of good faith.  They argued with me and harassed me during many phone calls.  They told me that they had a verbal contract with me, but couldn't substantiate this contract through a recording.  I never agreed to this service, nor did I sign any documents to this effect.  They continue to harass me to this day, nearly a year later.  I talked to my bank and their finance dept. and supposedly resolved the issue, but they have no records of this either.  Old West Publications is a rip-off!  They are scammers!  Do not use their services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 11:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-West-Publications/Lolo-Montana-59847/Old-West-Publications-involuntary-magazine-subscription-against-will-rip-off-false-pre-968883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old West Publications