Complaint Review: Old World Tattoo

• Reported By: Nate — 80004 Colorado United States of America
Old World Tattoo
6390 Wadsworth Boulevard arvada, Colorado United States of America

Old World Tattoo Poor Tattoo Work and wont stand by their work arvada, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Response Regarding Touchups and Free Work

I paid for a tattoo, the guy who did it was a bad employee and was fired after. My tattoo healed and it was in poor shape. i went to the shop and thats when I found out the guy was a bad artist and was fired. They then treied to charge me to fix the tattoo.  The guy argued and said if I bring him business of 10 clients he will fix it for free but if I do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Old-World-Tattoo/arvada-Colorado-80004/Old-World-Tattoo-Poor-Tattoo-Work-and-wont-stand-by-their-work-arvada-Colorado-922207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Old World Tattoo

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Response Regarding Touchups and Free Work

AUTHOR: Tracy - ()

I'm an employee of Old World Tattoo, and as I read the above complaint, I remembered specifically which customer this was; I actually tattooed him. He loved his tattoo and was happy with it, though he did mention that he'd had a bad experience with one of our other employees and asked about having it fixed. He showed me the tattoo (a large piece over the top of his back), and boy, it was hard to believe one of my coworkers did it! He had been charged $120 for a tattoo that, based on the size, would have easily been a $400 tattoo if it were of better quality.

I told him that the employee was no longer with the company, so unfortunately he wouldn't be able to get it touched up for free; however, if he told the owner of the shop about his situation, that he might be able to work out a deal with him.I NEVER promised him a free touch up of any sort, and even told him that we only offer free touch ups on our own work, and only within the first 8 months to a year. I mentioned that $120 seemed an extremely low price given the size of the tattoo, and I even mentioned that he'd likely be paying at least that much, if not more, to fix it, but that because I wasn't the shop owner, I couldn't give him an exact estimate. I offered to give him the contact info for the original artist, but recommended against it due to the outcome of his tattoo, and no information was exchanged.

We are all freelance employers; even though we work with each other at the same company, we're not legally or morally responsible for the work produced by those that we work with. Obviously because he no longer works with us, the owner took as much control as he could of the situation and made sure that he could no longer produce work at our business.

AFTER giving him this information, the customer proceeded to buy a t-shirt! I don't know if he thought that by showing his support for our business that he'd end up getting free work in spite of the information he was given, but I was surprised to find out that he was so upset, especially because he praised the work that I'd done on him and the experience he had while getting tattooed by me.

This client was unwilling to compromise on what would make him happy by paying a discounted price to fix the work, and was informed of our policy before he spoke with the owner. We try to make all of our clients happy, especially because tattoos are PERMANENT, but we simply can't be asked to do free work to fix a tattoo that, as freelance artists, was not our responsiblity to fix.