Complaint Review: Olde Brooklyn Lantern

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous716 — New Mexico United States of America
Olde Brooklyn Lantern
7850 Ruffner Avenue Internet United States of America

Olde Brooklyn Lantern Misleadling advertising of grossly inferior product Internet

I ordered an Olde Brooklyn Lantern @$12.99 to fill a real need during power outages in the rural area in which I live. When placing the order, I took advantage of the offer to acquire a second lantern @ $ 6.99.
I received the items approximately three weeks after ordering. I discovered after exactly following the instructions for inserting new batteries that neither lantern worked.

The representative of Olde Brooklyn Lantern I contacted, Rick) via (800) 997-1800 offered to replace those in my original order.  Given the quality of the merchandise, I do not believe that replacements would prove to be at all superior to what I received.

The OBL representative told me that they pay no return shipping. This is a huge disappointment since I thought these battery-lanterns would be a life-saver during power outages in the area in which I live, as mentioned above.This was the first time I had ever purchased anything directly advertised on television, and it will be my last.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olde-Brooklyn-Lantern/internet/Olde-Brooklyn-Lantern-Misleadling-advertising-of-grossly-inferior-product-Internet-952299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olde Brooklyn Lantern