Complaint Review: Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium Associations

• Updated: Wed, August 17, 2011

• Reported By: Byron — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium Associations
1465 Northside Dr. Ste. 128 Internet United States of America

Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium Associations Community Management Association. They have used fraud and inaccurate enforcement of HOA rules to file suit against me upwards of $10,000 Internet

In August of 2008 I purchased and moved into Unit (Let's say X) of Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium. Days later I had Direct TV installed as my cable Satellite provider as many of my neighbors also have. Months later I was sent out a notice saying that my satellite dish was in an unapproved area and if I did not move it I would be fined. Therefore I called Direct TV and had the Satellite Dish moved from the grounds to the roof ledge overhang which I thought was an approved area. Weeks later I was notified that this area was also not an approved area, so I proceeded to pay another $50 to direct TV and have the Satallite moved again. Before doing so I checked with the HOA to make sure that my balcony was my property and not a common area and that it was ok for me to move it there and they replied that it was indeed ok. Weeks later some neighbors complained about the Satellite dish being on my and the HOA asked me to move it once again. Well at this point I had had enough with the situation and I told them that the placement was within FCC guidelines and that I would not move it again. At this point I was August of 2009 and Robin Anderton  of Community Management Associates emailed and said that I was correct that I COULD legally have the dish on my balcony but that the HOA Board would decide on how to proceed. From that day forward I never heard a thing from the HOA until I was served with law suit paperwork at the beginning of 2011 saying that I owed over $10,000 in fines!
Contact Information of the Party involved:
Robin Anderton Community Association Manager
Community Management Associates
1465 Northside Dr. Ste 128
Atlanta, GA 30318
Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium Association claims I have violated the following:
Inside the Unit Owners or Occupants Unit;
ii. On top of the Unit Owners or Occupants building in a pre-wired
location to exclusively serve the Unit and assigned to such Unit as a

Atlanta, GA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2011 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oldfield-at-Grant-Park-Condominium-Associations/internet/Oldfield-at-Grant-Park-Condominium-Associations-Community-Management-Association-They-hav-766410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oldfield at Grant Park Condominium Associations