Complaint Review: Oldtown Motorcars & Motor Bikes

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Charles — Rockville Maryland United States of America
Oldtown Motorcars & Motor Bikes
4614 Baltimore Avenue Hyattsville, Maryland United States of America

Oldtown Motorcars & Motor Bikes This company is a rip off. You will never see it coming. Hyattsville, Maryland

On June 5th, 2012 , I went into Oldtown Motorcar dealer to inquire about a car, a 1973 corvette that I saw on the lot. The car did not have a Buyers Guide, as a matter of fact none of the cars had a buyers guide, so I wet inside and talk to a Mr. terry Irick, General Mgr. who gave me what little information he had.  Mr. Irick stated that someone else was coming to put down a deposit, so if I wanted it I should come back by Friday with a down payment/deposit.  On June 8th I went back and gave Him $1,000 cash, I also ask him when would the Owner(Brian Puckett) be in, I was told he might be in on Monday. I returned on Monday the 11th, to talk to the owner about getting the car finance, Mr. Puckett told be about this company that he do business with, Westlake Financial Services, they help people like me get financing with bad credit.  I filled out the application for Westlake Financial, I came in every two weeks to make a payment, I really wanted that car.  After waiting a while, I did not hear from the dealership, I called and was told that they did not have any information yet, then several  weeks had pass, I went to the dealer and was told that Westlake denied me.  I was really disappointed, then Mr. Puckett told me that he was signing up with this other company that also gave credit to people in my situation, I waited, and waited, but found out from the Owner that he did not sign up with the other company. One I was upset  because he fail to inform me that he never sign with the other company until I approached him.  On August 11th I went in and asked for my money back,  $3760.00 total, and was told that they did not give refunds.  The dealership did not have anything in writing, they did not have any signs posted that stated that they did not give refunds.  On September 4th I gave the owner a letter requesting a refund of my down payments.  I have not heard anything from this dealer since, I see that I legally need to get my money.  If anyone is reading this please do not do business with this dealer, they are a true rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oldtown-Motorcars-Motor-Bikes/Hyattsville-Maryland-20781/Oldtown-Motorcars-Motor-Bikes-This-company-is-a-rip-off-You-will-never-see-it-coming-939477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oldtown Motorcars & Motor Bikes