Complaint Review: Olevia, Syntax-Brillian, Office Depot

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2008

• Reported By:Morris Oklahoma
Olevia, Syntax-Brillian, Office Depot
20480 E. Business Parkway City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Olevia - Olevia, Syntax-Brillian, Office Depot Olevia, Syntax Brillian, Office Depot Rebate Rip Off City Of Industry California

*UPDATE Employee: Manufactuer's Rebates

I purchased Olevia 242T flat panel tv on 11-23-2007 with the rebate offer of 200.00 from Syntax-Brillian. I sent all forms and documents in just as they stated which included a copy of the receipt, rebate form and ORIGINAL upc code, only to get a post card 12 weeks later stating that the original upc was not included in the submission. This is completly false. I had to cut the UPC off of the box and include it. It was still attached to the card board. I have read many other reports on the same product how they recieve a letter with the orginal serial # and receipts but not the upc. This is clearly a scam. They won't accept a copy of the UPC and when you give them the original they claim you never sent it in.

The post card they sent me said that I could call and talk to someone. When I did I was told I could call back and tell them the UPC number and they would give me my rebate. When I called back, they said that they did not have to honor the rebated because it did not have all the right info with it. What a lie! Someone took the UPC out and said I did not send it in. I talked to a higher up person who said she was a resolution representative and she refused to do anything about it and said she had no idea that there had been any other complaints filed. This company is clearly scamming people.

I have sent out an e-mail to the rebate web site addres and have not had a response yet. If you try to call the # listed this is also a dead end.

I also called Office Depot to see if they would help me and they wouldn't even try to help in anyway. I finally talked to someone higher up and she gave me a case number and wanted me to fax the stuff to her and she would see what she could do. Still waiting on that one.

I'm overall happy with the product but very disappointed with the rebate.

Amy
Morris, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olevia-Syntax-Brillian-Office-Depot/City-Of-Industry-California-91789/Olevia-Olevia-Syntax-Brillian-Office-Depot-Olevia-Syntax-Brillian-Office-Depot-Rebat-314561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olevia, Syntax-Brillian, Office Depot

AUTHOR: Meh - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately Office Depot has no control over the manufacturers rebates. If it was a rebate being reimbursed by OD then the store can get to the bottom of it with a few faxes and phone calls. However individual manufacturers care just as little about us as a company as they do about consumers. I've had the same problem with samsung.