Complaint Review: Olympian Moving Systems

• Submitted: Sat, March 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2011

• Reported By: Sharon — Orlando Florida United States of America
Olympian Moving Systems
1123 Crown Park Circle Winter Garden, FL 347 Nationwide United States of America

Olympian Moving Systems OLYMPIAN GROUP CORPORATION, Inc. Olympian Moving Systems - Nightmare Move taking 17 hours until 6am in the morning. 1000's in destroyed items. Horrible service. Nothing rectified. TAMPA: 1600 10th St. So. Safety Harbor, FL 34695, Nationwide

*Author of original report: CHECK BOUNCES

On 1/28/11, we were told that the Olympian Movers would be at our home between 8-9am the next morning.  Because of this, my husband and I stayed up all night to finish packing.  On 2 hours of rest, at 9am on 1/29, the movers called and said that they had been out late the night before and needed to reschedule for 11am.  At 11am, they called and said the company had been SHUT DOWN and they wouldn't be there until 1pm.  They finally arrived at 1pm only to bring 4 workers who were on their phones the entire time and worked extremely slow all day.  It took 17 hours to move a 4 bedroom home that was already completely packed for them.  I have moved 6 times in the last 8 years and each move took less than 10 hours (and that was moving an hour distance, vs. the 15 minute drive for the move in question).  We have not purchased any new items over those years and yet move took 7 hours longer than previous moves. What's worse is that at 4am the movers decided to tell me I needed to pay overtime when I signed a contract that stated that is was a guaranteed maximum flat rate service.  The movers wouldn't take our items off the truck until I agreed to pay overtime.  I asked them where in the contract it indicated that I had to pay overtime and they grabbed my 15 page contract and the only page left unsigned was the part where it says I have to pay overtime.  After arguing for an hour, they decided at 5am they all wanted to go home and moved the remaining items off the truck.  Imagine how welcomed you would be in your new neighborhood with movers working throughout the night making noise while they tried to sleep.  Since it took 17 hours to do this job they needed to come back the next day to finish the piano.  After 5 messages the next day throughout the day, finally the owner called me and said they couldn't come out until Monday to finish the job.

The move was the worst!  Not only were they extremely slow, but they destroyed over $1,100 worth of items in our home.  After 30 days with no response, they finally offered $18 for the damage that was done.  I understand I agreed to 60 cents a pound for damages, but to tear a $1,000 Kincaid and do nothing is wrong.  Dents, breaks, ripped lighting out of the ground, and holes in the walls and they offer us $18 for everything.
JUST SAY NO to Olympian Movers.  It was the worst experience of our lives.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2011 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olympian-Moving-Systems/nationwide/Olympian-Moving-Systems-OLYMPIAN-GROUP-CORPORATION-Inc-Olympian-Moving-Systems-Nightma-702967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olympian Moving Systems

CHECK BOUNCES

AUTHOR: Sharon - (United States of America)

Wanted to update future readers that the $18 check that was sent to me by Olympian for my damages BOUNCED !!!  Overall experience = F.