Complaint Review: Olympic Paint

• Submitted: Fri, April 12, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 05, 2003

• Reported By:
Olympic Paint
One PPG Place Pittsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Olympic Paint Olympic Paint deceives and rips-off consumers by not paying promised paint purchase rebates. Pittsburg Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Olympic is a rip-off

For the last few years Olympic Paint has run a special offering an $8.00 a gallon rebate for customers purchasing their brand of paint. The offer was good for a purchase of up to ten gallons, entitling the purchaser a total rebate of up to $80.00.
Last year a close family member was planning to paint his home and decided to buy Olympic because of the rebate. He informed me of the rebate and I decided my home could probably use a coat as well.

Although at different times, we both went to Lowe's Home Improvement in Arlington, Washington (whom I also hold complicitious) to make our paint purchase. While I was there the gentleman mixing my paint shared with me that he was still fielding complaignts from last years rebate campaign, and that I should take special care to do exactly as instructed on the rebate form and to send in all the proper documents. This was good insight, I shared it with my wife's dad, and we both took great care to ensure our rebate applications were filled in correctly.

To cut to the quick, neither I nor my in-laws received our rebate checks. We have both waited nine months without a word. I am writting this because I am upset about my $80.00, upset about what appears to be a deceitful campaign by Olympic, and to discourage ANYONE else from supporting this company and/or their false rebate promises.

Judd
Marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2002 12:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olympic-Paint/Pittsburg-Pennsylvania-15272/Olympic-Paint-Olympic-Paint-deceives-and-rips-off-consumers-by-not-paying-promised-paint-p-18691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olympic Paint

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Olympic is a rip-off

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I had the exact thing happen to me with my house paint. I bought my paint at Lowes and sent in the rebates forms and all that was required and have not still seen a check for $15.00. I will, for now on buy only Parker Paint.