Complaint Review: Olympic Van Lines

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: rosebudinn — Gilbert Arizona United States of America
Olympic Van Lines
3635 S Lawrence St Ste M Tacoma, Washington United States of America

Olympic Van Lines Stole, lost, and broke items, told an $1,500 estimate, Charged $4,000!!! Tacoma, Washington

This company was the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

1. They told me that they would make sure they only delivered $1500 dollars of my household items to my storage unit in AZ from my friends house in WA. And they promised they could do a good job at estimating the amount to come very close to what I wanted.

2. After they packed the truck which some things they forgot. Then they went to weigh the truck and told me it was going to cost me almost $4,000 dollars. I argued with them daily about this they told me they would then take my goods and put them in a storage unit in California and I could come and get them if I didn't pay the amount.

3. They told me my goods would only take a couple days, the amount of time it took them to get my stuff to me was over the time line they told me and began to really worry me. I then began calling every day again. They had excuse after excuse why my stuff was so late.

4. The truck finally came, the truck driver said there was 19 stops for delivery for this company and every customer was screaming at him and very upset. When he got there the lady from the company called my phone to talk to him and they screamed at each other for about 45 minutes while my son and I stood there very upset as well. After much issues even with the truck driver, he unloaded the truck nothing was tagged or accounted for. Some of my boxes were broken and he kicked my items into the back of the truck to hide them.

5. After going through all of my boxes the most wanted items, which is a big reason I did the transfer all my Christmas tree decorations and ornaments are gone. My mother had just passed away which is the reason my stuff was in WA and all her Christmas decorations gone too. We had beautiful themed Christmas tree ornaments which some items were worth a lot of money. All items gone!

The same cost I spent for moving my whole house hold with United, at an earlier move to AZ from WA. The first time we left, including a 2020 sqft house they moved everything into the truck taking down beds and wrapping them for me, and placed and put together our beds, put everything where we wanted it in the new house. They had a way to account for everything and had me sign a paper stating that they did not loose any thing or break anything.

And Olympic Van Lines told me the reason was because of inflation and that prices of everything were now higher. That is a lie! There was a family who just moved from Alaska to Arizona and for their house of 2000 sqft they just paid $4000. So they had more miles to travel and a whole household of stuff and paid the same as I did for a 7' by 10' storage unit.

They will argue with you about anything and everything and no matter what you wont win. then i xcalled them to tell them that they stole my stuff they said they never touched it maybe it was the truck driver i called the truck driver he said he just pulled his truck up to the trailer and never seen any of it until he opened it. he said he doesn't work for Olympic van Lines any more and that they were they worst company to do work for and every customer took all their anger out on him and he was sick of it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Olympic-Van-Lines/Tacoma-Washington-/Olympic-Van-Lines-Stole-lost-and-broke-items-told-an-1500-estimate-Charged-4000-1005624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Olympic Van Lines