Complaint Review: Omaha Steaks

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By:Decatur Georgia
Omaha Steaks
www.omahasteaks.com Omaha, NEBRASKA U.S.A.

Omaha Steaks Bait and Switch Omaha NEBRASKA

*UPDATE Employee: Omaha Steaks has quality products

*Consumer Suggestion: Serious Concerns About Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks removed a free offer from my purchase after the purchase had already been completed. The website said nothing about restrictions. The company said that I could not combine a gift card with a free promotional offer since they are both "special offers" Since when is a gift card a special offer??? When I complained via e-mail about my free item being removed after the order had already gone through and been confirmed, the company canceled my order all together. I did not ask them to cancel the order or anything even close to that. I only stated that I expect to receive my free item or I would contact my credit card company. I finally got my original order reinstated as to not lose the $25 gift card but I never got my free item.

This bait and switch was done to hundreds of people when the company realized they were giving away too much free stuff. They should have honored the orders that were already completed!

Carrie
Decatur, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2008 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omaha-Steaks/Omaha-NEBRASKA/Omaha-Steaks-Bait-and-Switch-Omaha-NEBRASKA-390754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks has quality products

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

Omaha Steaks meat is inspected by the USDA. Omaha Steaks does not pay for the grading because they stand behind their products, unconditional, 100%. All their beef is mid-western grain feed beef, aged for 21 days, hand trimmed, and vacuum sealed. Their beef contains no hormones, by-products, steroids....it's Quality. Since they do not pay for the "grading", by law, cannot, state our products are graded "A",  "choice",  "prime" or anything of the sort.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Serious Concerns About Omaha Steaks

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

1) I've looked over their web site and could not find any mention of the USDA grade of their 'premium' steaks. Is the grade so low that it would be embarassing to reveal?

2) Nowhere in the site did I find a statement that the beef was of US origin. Is it from Australia, Brazil, Argentina or elsewhere? Is the answer embarassing?

I know when I go into my local supermarket and go to the meat counter the butchers aren't embarassed to tell me their meats grade and origin are.

Stating that your steaks are 'premium' quality doesn't cut it. Premium to one person can mean something different to another.

Their pricing would seem to induce a person to believe they were getting a TOP GRADE US product.  Nebraska is famous for corn fed beef. Omaha is the capital of Nebraska. What would a consumer think ???

Lets clear the air once and for all. How's about it Omaha???