• Report: #861939

• Reported By: Jim — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Omaha Steaks
265 Settlers Ridge Center Dr Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Omaha Steaks Horrendously Awful Experience Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: STEAK DINNER POEM......

*UPDATE Employee: Settlers Ridge

Omaha Steaks Store 219 265 Settlers Ridge Center Dr Pittsburgh, PA 15205  (412) 787-2695

Served by: Bea M.

This was my first experience with Omaha Steaks and it will be the last.

First, let me preface this with an important part of my job:  I buy gifts for my customers.  I spend around $2000/month on gifts.  (It makes sense if I put it this way:  If I keep people happy spending $2,000 and generate $1,000,000/month in revenue; it's good business)

I walk into the store (first time ever) and the employee is sitting behind the counter by the cash register.  She never even acknowledges my existence.  I flounder around trying to read the brown boxes.  Eventually, I pick up some porterhouse and T-bone steaks.  As I'm checking out another guy walks in and gets a couple complete meals.  I ask the other customer what he likes because it seems like he knows what he's doing.  The other customer tells me about "complete meals", "Beef Meals", and all kinds of other stuff.  At this point the lady behind the counter hands me a receipt and finally decides to speak to me, "Thank You" she says.  I explain, I would rather have what the guy behind me is getting.  I go on trying to explain how this will be a gift.  At this point, I step aside and let the guy behind me checkout so I can continue to speak to the Omaha Steak Employee and not hold up another person.  The Omaha Steak Employee tells me since I bought the food I can't return it.  Remember it's still in a bag on the counter with the receipt laying on top of it; 5 minutes haven't gone by at this point.  I try to reason with her and ask her to work with me here on this issue.  However, she was on Facebook on her phone and was completely engrossed.  I asked to speak to the manager.  The manager was out and wouldn't be back for another 20 minutes.  So I put the steaks in a cooler in my truck and left to get some gas and a coffee.  When I return to talk to the manager, she tells me since I left the store with the food I can't return it.  I tried to explain I just wanted to get the "Beef Meal" and please work with me.  I could go on and on about this story but the short end of it is this:

Omaha Steaks does not stand behind their "Unconditional Guarantee".  Try it for yourself and make your own decision but I'm never going back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2012 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omaha-Steaks/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15205/Omaha-Steaks-Horrendously-Awful-Experience-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-861939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omaha Steaks

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this website.

Just type in 529757 at this site and it appears as 'Consumer Comment #4' at Ripoff Report #529757.

Anyone can 'Google' this- STEAK DINNER POEM, and that should also take you to Ripoff Report #529757 where the poem appears.

***NATIONWIDE BANK ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and read the Ripoff Reports from people all over America for important information if you have a bank account or a mortgage in the USA.

Settlers Ridge

AUTHOR: Omaha Steaks - (United States of America)

This really concerns me.  I apologize for the problems that you encountered with our Settlers Ridge Retail Store.  Your report has been sent to the District Manager for that location and this situation is being addressed.

I would be happy to assist you with this matter.  At your earliest convenience, please send me your full name, address and some details regarding the purchase, amount, items, etc...  to TawnyS@OmahaSteaks.com.  I will do some research and get back to you with a resolution.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Tawny Schatz