distinction

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Andrea — Boulder Colorado United States of America
Omega Stores
P.O. Box 4572, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 Internet United States of America

Omega Stores Rude guy who refuses to give name has ripped off my 81 year old father. Wallingford , Internet

*Consumer Comment: I also had a bad experience with Omega Stores aka Monica LLC

*UPDATE Employee: READ THE ACTUAL ORDER!

*Author of original report: Simply Not True

*UPDATE Employee: Right Item

Do not do business with Omega Stores! I helped my 81 year old father purchase an electric trike from them via the internet. We waited several weeks for it to arrive even though the web site states delivery in 3 to 5 business days. When I called to enquire about it, the man I spoke with was very rude. When the product came, they had sent my father an electric bike instead of a trike. I have the original order complete with product number and description, but this guy says it's my dad's fault. He ordered the wrong item. It's like talking to a wall! I have the information in print - same as he and he's honestly trying to pin the mistake on us.

When I first called to complain he referred me to a number for the ware house. I called and it's the same guy! After that I called the Customer Service number and yep - it's the same guy! I've sent him several emails asking how we get this problem solved. His only response is that my father ordered the wrong item. No offers of how to rectify the situation.

I called the guy this morning, and when I asked him his name, TWICE, he would'nt give it to me and hung up on me. I called 8 times today and left a few messages. This guy is sleazy and rude. I wish I had looked at consumer complaints before I helped my dad order the trike. My father is very disappointed and at this point is out over $1600.00. What kind of a person takes advantage of an 81 year old man?

My father is even willing to have someone drive him from New York to Conn. to take the bike back to the store and trade it for the trike.

Since there is a 15% restocking fee, I'm wondering if this guy is literally banking on the fact that we will have to pay the restocking fee before we get the trike my dad actually ordered. That is, if we ever hear from the guy again.

Andrea, Boulder Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omega-Stores/internet/Omega-Stores-Rude-guy-who-refuses-to-give-name-has-ripped-off-my-81-year-old-father-Wall-722947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omega Stores

I also had a bad experience with Omega Stores aka Monica LLC

AUTHOR: The Cautious Customer - (USA)

Avoid them at all costs.  82 complaints were filed against this company with the Better Business Bureau.  They have a grade of F.

Factors that lowered Monica LLC's rating include:82 complaints filed against businessFailure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.36 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

READ THE ACTUAL ORDER!

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

Whoever is interested in learning what this customer has really ordered, please to see the actual documents at

This customer must work for the competition.

Simply Not True

AUTHOR: Andrea - (United States of America)

"David's" statement that my father changed his mind about the order is unequivocally not true. I and the attorney general's office have the paperwork to prove it. "David", who's real name I now know has been sued in the past by several other people for similar behavior. Omega Stores is currently being sued once again. My father's complaint against them is only one of many.

Right Item

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

Our company received the order online indicating the item we had shipped to the customer.  We also sent a hard-copy of his order but later found out that the customer changed his mind.

Once the item is shipped out, we cannot change the order. No other companies can either.