Complaint Review: Omei Travel Agency

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: Nathacha — New York New York United States of America
Omei Travel Agency
244 Grand St 3/FL New york, New York United States of America

Omei Travel Agency Unprofessional staffs, not trustworth and not reliable NY, New York

I am complaining about this unreliable and unprofessional travel agency. Never in my life I have such bad experience with this company. First when I bought the ticket deal for Washighton tour that offer buy two ticket and get one free was not reading in English. The contract was in chinese, which I couldn't understand. The day of the tour, the third passenger couldn't go because of some personal emergency.  The tour guide told me to pay up front for the free passenger that couldn't show up.  He stated there was a policy I have to pay regardless for the free passenger. I paid anyway and the tour guide gave his words to me that they will refund me the money back with medical note to proof it.  I went with the proof they asked me to bring but that day the person in charge for the refund she was not present which they told me i can come back later on.  They didn't specify date, time and year. My trip was on June and after that i went 5 times to the agency to try to get the refund. Everytime when i go there, they always give me diferent excuses such as they told me that Bellevue hospital didn't exist and that i'm lying to them.  They tried to deny that the letter i gave them is fake even thought there was the doctor stamp and signature.  Another excuse they said they wanted the letter to be print it and can't be hand written. My last time i brought the third passenger medical record to proof her absence but they keep denying all the proofs.  They keep saying they have such policy that those proofs are not acceptable.  So I asked the staff Mimi,  what is the exact form that I need to bring. She showed me in her IPAD a prescription form that only private clinic can provide. Every hospital have different type of letter to proof or excuse the absent. I asked her politely can you go to the website and search different type of letter. She denied and she only want this type. Staff Mimi wanted me to bring that form by the same day when she knew that it was impossible because they close at 5pm.  I asked the staff Mimi where she can show me the policy, she said there is no policy.  I asked where is the manager, she stated she is the "manager" which i doubt it.  She has such horrible customer service, unprofessional,  and not realiable. Afterward, I didn't get my refund back.

I just want people to know how unprofesional they are, money is not a problem, but they just make me go through all this for nothing. They waste my time and lie to me. I provided all the proofs that she requested and she denied.

I want to suggest to people, before going to this type of agency , please open your eyes and ask them any proof in written .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omei-Travel-Agency/New-york-New-York-10002/Omei-Travel-Agency-Unprofessional-staffs-not-trustworth-and-not-reliable-NY-New-York-985263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omei Travel Agency