Complaint Review: Omintech Support

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: J Mims — Illinois United States of America
Omintech Support

Omintech Support Omnitechsupport.com Watch OUT this is a Scam they installed software without asking Internet

I had a problem Which was very simple and I solved myself with advice from Microsoft forum in about 10 min.   But before then,  when I searched for help this site came up and looked like it was part of Microsoft. I clicked on the site and clicked on what I thought was a microsoft link. Instead I got a chat for help. They took my information then passed me onto a senior tech. He/She asked to take control of my system which I let them do. Up to this point they seemed very helpful. I watched everthing they did and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. After about 20 min of this they said they needed to do a scan of my computer. I said OK and they ran a scan witch of course showed lots of problems and viruses. While they did this I searched the net on another computer to find out about them and saw all the terrible reviews. They then asked if I wanted to pay for a fix, I said no and disconnected my computer from the net.

When I booted up my computer I found that they had installed their software on it. Luckily I know how to disable it. They also left my "allow remote control" turned on which I assume is so they could come back later.

Stay away from these guys!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omintech-Support/internet/Omintech-Support-Omnitechsupportcom-Watch-OUT-this-is-a-Scam-they-installed-software-with-1015362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omintech Support