Complaint Review: Omni Tech Computer Support

• Reported By: Debbie Crawford — Indianapolis Indiana USA
Omni Tech Computer Support

Omni Tech Computer Support Desperate fix ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: How did

*UPDATE Employee: We rip-off no one. We provide quality, affordable technical support. Thats why we have earned an A+ BBB rating.

I was desperate to find out what was going on with my computer.  Searched the internet and came across Omni Tech Computer Support.  I paid $299.99 and have had to contact them 4-5 times with no results.  As a matter of fact, my computer runs worse now than before obtaining their services.
They run "clean up" programs on your computer (remotely) which you can do yourself.
Yesterday, after another day of frustration, I contacted them again... it took 2 hours to do NOTHING!
I finally asked the person if he/she knew what they were doing and they DISCONNECTED.

I am going to ask for a refund, doubt that I will get it.  Please do not use their services.  RIP OFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2011 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Computer-Support/internet/Omni-Tech-Computer-Support-Desperate-fix-ripoff-Internet-739833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Computer Support

How did

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

How did you get that A+ rating?

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

The customer contacted us through chat on June 11th 2011, with an Issue Computer is slow and Google chrome to be downloaded and paid $299.99 and signed-up for the Yearly Plan. Accordingly our technician worked on the issue. The issue was resolved and the customer also confirmed for the same.

Below is the chat transcript of issue resolution confirmation:

MS- L1- Tech 3: I have resolved all the issues.
MS- L1- Tech 3: Please have a check and confirm the same.
Debbie Crawford: Flock?
Debbie Crawford: can you tell me how I am connected to the
internet?
MS- L1- Tech 3: You have connected through LAN.
Debbie Crawford: ok, and Google chrome is up and running now?
MS- L1- Tech 3: Yes, you can go ahead and check it.
Debbie Crawford: ok
Debbie Crawford: can you get rid of all the other browsers besides
Google?
MS- L1- Tech 3: Other than Google, you had flock and opera, which I
have removed from the computer.
Debbie Crawford: No Mozilla?
MS- L1- Tech 3: Okay, let me have a check on it.
MS- L1- Tech 3: Mozilla is not in the computer.
Debbie Crawford: ok
Debbie Crawford: when you went through programs, AVG still there
MS- L1- Tech 3: I have removed the unwanted applications.
Debbie Crawford: Thank you
MS- L1- Tech 3: Thank you for your appreciation.
MS- L1- Tech 3: I am glad that I was able to help you.
Debbie Crawford: Me too and I do appreciate it greatly
Debbie Crawford: Thank you.
Thank you for contacting OmniTech support.
Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
We will be available for you 24/7 365 days.
May I go ahead and end the session?

On June 9th 2011, customer contacted us through chat with an issue Unable to launch application and need to schedule Optimization. Accordingly our technician worked on the issue. The issue was resolved and the customer also confirmed for the same.

Below is the chat transcript of issue resolution confirmation:

8:01 CC- Tech 5: Now please have a check.
8:02 Debbie Crawford: looks like it's working now
8:02 Debbie Crawford: question.... do I have to be on the computer for
it to be optimized?
8:03 CC- Tech 5: Please stay online while I have a check.
8:03 Debbie Crawford: k
8:12 CC- Tech 5: Debbie,I scheduled Optimization on your computer.
8:12 CC- Tech 5: Optimization will start after 20 minutes.
8:13 Debbie Crawford: ok, so just leave it alone and it will be
completed?
8:13 CC- Tech 5: You can leave the computer and go ahead with your
work.
8:13 CC- Tech 5: Yes.
8:13 Debbie Crawford: Thank you so very much for your patience with
this issue
8:13 CC- Tech 5: Okay.

As customer requested for optimization, On the same day we performed the optimization on the customers computer.

06062011-Debbie Crawford -Yearly($299.99)
F1 Maintenance completed on 06/08/2011
Start Time:9:02 AM
End Time:10:58 AM
Customer Feedback Report Sent
Kayako ID:CLB-757072

On the same day customer contacted us through chat with an different issue Chrome not working, the issue was not resolved as the connection  was  lost, while working on the issue.

We have always been a company where we want our customers to be 100% delighted with their purchases. Even though we had performed some work, on the same day June 9th, 2011, we called to the customers contact number that he had provided us. We requested the customer to connect back to us, But unfortunately it reached voice mail so left a detailed voice mail. We also have sent a mail to the customer to connect back to us if the issue remains unresolved.

On June 13th 2011, the customer mailed and requested for the refund stating that his issue was unresolved. But, while resolving the issue,  chat got disconnected. We followed up the customer to connect back to us, but customer never responded to our follow up.

As per the customers request we have refunded the amount of $205.01, after deducting $94.98 for ( Initial Issue Resolution + Optimization + Cancellation Charges) as per our terms and policy.
We want our customers to be happy.

The transaction details of the refund initiated are given below:

Amount Refunded: $205.01.
Date of initiated refund: June 13th 2011.

Transaction Approved:
----------------------
Auth Code: 243589182
Ref #: 243579159

On the same day we called the customer to inform about the refund status, But unfortunately it reached voice mail so left a detailed voice mail. We also have sent a mail to the customer informing the refund status provided with transaction details as well as deduction charges as per our policy.

Customer has claimed that we are not going to refund to the customer. But we want our customer to be happy. Its clearly visible from her complaint that she is impatient. She had requested for refund on June 13th 2011, and accordingly we have refunded on the same day.