Complaint Review: Omni Tech Support

• Updated: Thu, January 14, 2016

• Reported By: Dennis — Cape Coral Florida United States of America
Omni Tech Support
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Omni Tech Support Charged $199.99 to manually repair computer Windows operating system registers, but failed to repair and kept money Los Angeles, California

*UPDATE Employee: We did not do anything to damage his syste

My McAfee security and my Microsoft Windows XP were both corrupted. I contacted Microsoft who transferred me to Omni Tech Support. Omni had a Tech log into my machine to take a look at my Windows problem. The Tech said some of the registers in Windows had been corrupted, but no to worry, because Omni Tech could repair the registers manually. The story was the registers had to be repaired by one of their Techs manually, because they could not be correct with a program. They would correct the registers for $199.99 or if they could not, they would refund my money.
After five days and six Techs, (three claiming they were senior people) they decided they could not repair the registers and that I had to clear my machine and reload.

By this time, applications that had worked did not after their techs had made modifications. Since then, for the last six days no one will respond to my repeated calls for the refund or to talk to accounting, I just keep getting a gate keeper when I call their main number who tells me the accounting office will contact me within two hours to the next business day, but no one calls back.

I cannot state my warning any stronger than DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING A OMNI TECH TELLS YOU AND DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/-Los-Angeles-California-/Omni-Tech-Support-Charged-19999-to-manually-repair-computer-Windows-operating-system-re-977750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support

We did not do anything to damage his syste

AUTHOR: OTS - ()

As Mr. Dennis McKinleys issue was not fixed by OmniTech support; a full refund of $199.99 was issued promptly, so we do not understand his complaint that we kept his money. On November 24, 2012 Mr. Dennis McKinley called us stating that McAfee Antivirus is not working. The customer already contacted McAfee and they suggested him to contact Microsoft as the issue was with Microsoft software (OS). Microsoft, in no way, transferred him to us.  Our technician re-examined and confirmed the issue was caused by a Windows update and his corrupted OS. We conveyed the same to the customer and he paid $199.99 to fix the Window issue and to reinstall the McAfee Antivirus.

Our technician tried all possible troubleshooting steps to fix the issue but concluded that the OS needed to be reinstalled. We suggested reinstalling the OS, as it was already corrupted, before OmniTech support touched his computer. The customer declined this suggestion and ended the call by asking for refund. Later on December 05, 2012 the customer was refunded by us for the full amount of $199.99 that he paid.

Below are the refund transaction details:

Transaction ID: 389401085

Auth Code: 389411

We did not do anything to damage his system or other applications. Mr. Dennis McKinley could see all the trouble-shooting steps that were being done. We record the customers screen for all our steps, which are performed.