cholesterol

• Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: HGV1947 — Lake Worth Florida United States of America
Omni-Tech Support
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Omni-Tech Support Thomas Hardy, Joe, Erik Peterson, Smith, Jerry. Deceptive practices Los Angeles, California

*UPDATE Employee: Timeline

This was an experience I hope never to go through again. A few months ago I had several problems trying to open Microsoft Office 2007: I decided to go through Microsoft help section. lp and, after almost an hour  reading the suggestions posted on their webpage  I decided to test a link. This led me to Omni Tech. Over the telephone  I was asked me if they could check my computer remotely and I agred to it. The result was that the technician checking my computer had detected a  polymer virus and escaped detection by my antivirus program. Now, don't forget: This is program is in partnership with Microsoft!

Buying the program consisted of remotely checking my computer my computer on a monthly basis. They did it twice. Did not receive any report the first time and the second time I received  an email with an attachment showing the results of the entire operation. The result? They used my programs (Microsoft Security Essentials) to find any virus! I contacted them numerous times  by email some of which took four or five days to be answered while a couple went unanswered ) Finally, I asked for a refund. [continued below]....
..... First, they gave me $ 35.00 from a total of $ 159.99 a year and a half after two calls, I got another $ 38.99 and that was five days after my last phone call! So they charged me $ 86.00 for two checkups that consisted of doinging what I always do and using the software installed on my computer: defragment the hard disk, use the Microsoft Security Essentials, defragment the registry, etc.
Do not be fooled by this company. They could not solve my problem with Office 2007 and in return, they offered me TO BUY offered to buy Office 2010!
By the way, I couldn't find any computer "polymer" virus definition anywhere,except the one that attacks humans, not computers!!!  Maybe it's the way I spelled it?
Hector G Villa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2012 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/Los-Angeles-California-/Omni-Tech-Support-Thomas-Hardy-Joe-Erik-Peterson-Smith-Jerry-Deceptive-practices-Los-893650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni-Tech Support

Timeline

AUTHOR: reviewsisgood - (United States of America)

I understand your problem but with regard to the refund amount, you were with OmniTech Support for a half a year so the refund will only be part of the full amount. And with regard to your issue you can look up a solution at HowToOutlook.com