Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Sharon — Windsor Ontario Canada
Omni Tech Support
6380 Wiltshire Blvd. Los Angeles, California United States of America

OmniTech Support REVIEW: OmniTech Support clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support . “Omni Tech Support has a relentless commitment to client satisfaction, regardless of the efforts required to achieve it.” Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, ..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business. Omnitech has helped people all across the USA, Canada solved over 1,000,000 issues. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE:Omni Tech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

Omni Tech Support Predators Los Angeles, California

I made a simple request to remove an e-mail address from my sign in page and $139.99 and several hours later I realised I was a victim.  A technician went into my registry and alarmed me by telling me my computer was infected and not secure. He was preying on my lack of computer knowledge to try to sell me a contract. I agreed to a one-time fix because he had me convinced my security would be breached and needed immediate attention.

I was then turned over to another technician but I could not see what he was doing because there was a blue screen covering his actions.  He was constantly hitting the refresh button and did download an Anti Malware tool.  I was pressured to say "Yes" that my issues were resolved.  I said the address was removed but I had no way of knowing if the infections were removed. I was told that I must say Yes for their records.  I have doubts that there was anything wrong in the first place as my security system scans regularly and did not indicate a problem.

I would not have been so trusting but I contacted what I thought was the Microsoft company from a microsoft web page. When I phoned their number, I was instructed to type in the omnitech address and give the tech number to the person to which I was talking.  I now suspect that I might not have had an official Microsoft web site. I hope I can prevent someone else from being a victum of these people.They probably know how to stay within legal guidelines but certainly not moral guidelines, preying on seniors like myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 02:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/Los-Angeles-California-CA-90048/Omni-Tech-Support-Predators-Los-Angeles-California-946190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

We are glad that issue has been addressed satisfactorily as per Ms. Johnsons expectation and she is happy with our action. We greatly appreciate Ms. Johnsons patience in this matter and for writing again about the resolution that she received from OmniTech Support promptly.

However, we would like to shed light on the customers previous complaint at some extent. We are not Microsoft, we are no way related to Microsoft.  Microsoft sites are not directing their customers to us and never have they done that. We are an independent global Tech Support organization, providing support for any kind of software-related issues to our thousands of customers for last 10+ years and they are satisfied with our services.  We make sure that is communicated to our customers. Our technicians are trained and certified to work on Microsoft products in addition to working on other software, networking, setup, registry and virus issues. Because we are a large organization, if she did a search for a Microsoft-related issue, our
information would appear fairly high-up on the page.

In this instance, our technician checked the customers computer and examined its performance before attempting any troubleshooting steps. As any troubleshooting may cause various effects on the customers computer, and we have to be sure about the performance of the computer after performing any steps to resolve the issue. We initially checked if there were any corrupted registry and other issues present in the computer. Our technician found some prominent issues that
was impacting her computers performance and we fixed those issues and asked for the customers confirmation.

The customer tested her computer and she confirmed that the issue was resolved.

Below is the chat transcript for the issue resolution confirmation:

12:38 AM Sharon Johnston: what are all the things at the bottom of the desk top-Registry editor
Event Viewer etc.?
12:40 AM Sharon Johnston: the issue with the sign in has been fixed but I have no way of knowing if the infections are gone. I trust that that has been done.
12:40 AM Tech 120: Yes, Sharon. Your computer is safe and secure now.
12:41 AM Sharon Johnston: thank you
12:41 AM Tech 120: For updating our records, I would like you to kindly confirm if the issue has been
fixed by replying with a YES or NO.
12:41 AM Sharon Johnston: Yes
12:41 AM Tech 120: Thank you for the confirmation.
12:41 AM Tech 120: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
12:41 AM Sharon Johnston: No thanks
12:41 AM Tech 120: May I go ahead and end the session now?
12:42 AM Sharon Johnston: shall I click the red X
12:42 AM Tech 120: It was a pleasure assisting you today.

After the issue resolution, Mrs. Johnson did not contact us and it was our hope that we had successfully addressed her every issue that she came to us with. However, on October 03, 2012 we received a fax where the customer expressed her dissatisfaction regarding our services. Immediately, we called this customer and sorted out the matter by providing her a full refund of $99.99, as she was not wholly satisfied with our services.  We want our customers to be 100%
satisfied. We also thank, Mrs. Johnson for her kind words after this was resolved.

We always want our valuable customers to be fully delighted with the service and value they get from us. Thats why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Thats something most competitors cant come close to claiming. Our expert and experienced OTS technicians are always here to assist the customers who really seek assistance resolving their various technical issues at very economical price.

Omnitechsupport Redeemed

AUTHOR: Sharon - (Canada)

I am writing this in reference to a negative report I posted about omnitechsupport on Sept.25th

I wish to inform everyone that I was contacted by their Customer Focus Services and the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. Part of my payment has been refunded,an apology issued and the reassurance that the "Tech" involved will be investigated so this does not happen to someone else.