Complaint Review: Omni Tech Support

• Submitted: Fri, June 10, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: Ann — Garner North Carolina United States of America
Omni Tech Support

Omni Tech Support Iyogi claimed I had an issue with Windows Media Player and needed to call Microsoft. Needed Winddows 7 CD Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Not connected to Omni Tech Support or FixItNow

Called Microsoft for cd, they said they could help me transferred me to Omni Tech Support.  I was informed it would cost me 79.99 to fix it.  Had to pay the 79.99 before they would fix it.  Took 3-4 hours Transferred me to Tech 7 George which transfered me to Tech 5 Cyrus.  I have an agreement with Iyogi but they sent me to Microsoft because I had an issue that needed repairing.  After fixing the issue Tech 5 sent me back to Tech 7, they had control of my computer and I moved my mouse so I could write down some info they had written and quickly he took control and changed me to another screen.  Tech 5 said they could give me a service plan for 1yr and I would get 12 Optimazation sessions if I took it now for 99.00 because I had already paid 79.99.  I said that was too expensive and that I had a plan with Iyogi.  He said they were not in connection with Iyogi and if I waited until a later date the agreement would be 299.00.  Tech 7 said there was corruption in the registry and it need to be optimized so the computer would be safe & secure.  Optimazing would keep the computer from crashing, anti virus alone would not keep the computer safe & secure.  That some infections have to be scanned & removed manually.  Personally I feel Iyogi and Omni and Fixitnow are all in this together.  I'm still furious that I had to pay 79.99.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/internet/Omni-Tech-Support-Iyogi-claimed-I-had-an-issue-with-Windows-Media-Player-and-needed-to-ca-739346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support

Not connected to Omni Tech Support or FixItNow

AUTHOR: ART- iYogi - (United States of America)

Dear Ann,

We assure you that iYogi is not connected to Omni Tech Support or FixItNow. In order to investigate your case, we would need your Customer Account ID. Could you please send the details to iYogiCare@iYogi.com? As soon as we get the e-mail from you, our Active Response Team (ART) will get in touch with you. Do remember to mention a convenient date and time when the ART representative
can contact you.