Harbor

Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: Tony K. — Boulder Colorado United States of America
Omni Tech Support
6380 Wilshire Blvd. Internet United States of America

OmniTech Support REVIEW: Omni Tech customer satisfaction commitment. OmniTech Support has implemented a new level of support to ensure that all customers receive the highest level of support possible. Incorporating a new level of support headquartered in Los Angeles, providing quality control so clients are always satisfied. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program as a safe business service – Omni Tech Support pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support. Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

Omni Tech Support Microsoft Support -Omnitech Support Raises the Bar to New Heights in Deception. My Story- Internet

I thank Ripoff Report for the opportunity to tell this story.

For a couple of days my computer started to have long pauses where my cursor would change to a spinning blue circle and the computer had no response. After minutes the computer would function  only to freeze again. To shut off and re-boot worked periodically but, I mainly had to shut the computer off.

Microsoft Essentials was active and I run a full scan once a week. Advance Care System was also monitoring my computer and I run a full scan at least twice a week. It show no sign of viruses. Advance care would defrag and clean my register regularly. I ran multiple scans with my existing software and tried other free malware detectors and came to the conclusion the problems were not viruses but, rather elsewhere. Restore did not work either.

Finally I looked up Microsoft support and called them. Unbeknownst to me Omni Support's phone number is placed under Microsoft Support. (the real Microsoft has their lawyers working to change that as I write) Remote control of computers are the way support is done these days and I have had experience with Microsoft before and understood this practice is the norm. I paid $129.99 for a one time fix. Chatting with the first tech, I knew in the back of my mind, something was wrong. Polymorphic virus was not a term used in tech and I started to argue with him about what he was telling me. Henry Tech#49 insisted I had DNS.changer. That was impossible since I had been to the Government site to check just for this virus. Since, I was with a Microsoft tech (I believed) I assumed Henry was a newbie and I eventually got a "senior Tech".

Chris Tech#111 replaced Henry and started the process of finding my problem. Chris went online and downloaded the free Malwarebyte and ran a quick scan of my computer. I should have known right then and there something was amiss. Chris just cut and pasted a URL to retrieve a trial version of Malwarebyte as well as other software. Lo and behold there was Rogue.Security virus found by Malwarebyte. Now, that was not possible. I started to argue with Chris about the impossibility of Rogue being on my computer. I had just ran my multiple virus full scans and registry cleaner before shutting down the computer. The very next boot was with Omni Support and the only person to access the web was Chris. I showed Chris the logs of my scans and the date and time stamps associated with the logs. The best and most logical explanation to me is that Chris actually planted the viruses on my computer through one of the programs he downloaded to my computer, which he did with out my specific permission. Viruses seems to be the only reason all the malfunctions occur as far as Omni support is concerned.

Chris insisted the malware programs I had was not able to detect Rogue. I have two other computers running next to me and I immediately check the websites to determine if Chris was right and found the header for Microsoft Essential saying it detects as well as removes the Rogue virus whenever my computer was on. Advanced Care Systems does so as well. I confronted Chris and the excuses he had was unbelievable. Chris stated these programs don't work because these programs were loaded on my computer and the virus infected them. The BS was getting thicker by the moment. I told him it was his company's program (Microsoft). It was at that moment I discovered I was not with a Microsoft tech but, that they were in "partnership" with Microsoft. Chris insisted he had fixed my computer and I had enough from this hack. I had been at this for eight hour.

When I tried to reboot my computer it would not come back on. I called Omni Support back because I wanted a refund which, I was promised to receive but, not before I got there direct phone line. I do believe they will refund the money.

The following morning (Today Sept 1) I started to try to fix my computer. Some how a friend was able to get on to a Dos windows to open and start windows 7 in a safe mode and from there get back to a functioning level to try to repair the damage Tech#111 caused on my computer. Unfortunately, while I was on the other computers checking websites Chris had enough time to delete necessary files from my Registry. Not only that, all the different restore files were missing in multiple locations. Also a complete wipe of website visited was accomplished. I had set up my browser to to retain the history of my visits. It's amazing to me how much was deleted while my back was turned away from Chris.

Programs to retrieve recycle bin deletions were not able to retrieve the specific file I was looking for to restore my computer. I did find a lot of temp files though. I have spent all day to get to where I am now, about 12 hours. I am now where I was before my initial phone call to Omni support outside of those files I couldn't retrieve. Now I need to fix my original problem. The funny part is Omni support promised to fix my computer. They gave me a phone number last night to call today so a tech could fix my computer. No way would I trust Omni support to touch my computer again and yet I dialed that number. Honest to God, it was the real Microsoft support number.

P.S. A rep from Omni support probably will refute my story. I say let Chris tech#111 and I take a lie detector test and show the results right here at RipoffReport.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/internet/Omni-Tech-Support-Microsoft-Support-Omnitech-Support-Raises-the-Bar-to-New-Heights-in-Dec-935924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support

Omnihelp

AUTHOR: moparmaniac - ()

To startoff with, my mother in law purchased this product being her 2002 HP desktop was acting up a little. She had high hopes they could fix it. after staying on the phone all day, and watching the tech doing more and more tasks, she got worried, then the computer started getting worse. she also noted the tech was accessing areas he did NOT have permission to access, (IE online banking passwords etc) in the end even the desktop logon password was changed! now i know Microsoft is a VERY reputiable company. however the fact that they let this bunch of scammers advertise on their website as being PARTNERS with MS is despicable at best.

I am computer trained by the US Navy, over a year of tech schooling, so i know i've had more training than MOST techs. thank God they did this to windows XP and i used backdoor to REGAIN access to the computer. guess you all didn't put in the trouble to write your virus to disable CMD prompt, so the joke is on you, for not thinking this out better. and don't go telling ANYONE you can UNINSTALL your crude by using the "unistall icon" or add remove programs via control panel, access denied every time, so you made me startup in safe mode and hunt down your programs files the hard way!

yeah you made it hard, you cannot simple view properties on your program icon and figure out your programs filepath. too bad most arn't savy enough to know all this, you guys are a COMPLETE disgrace. but you can be outsmarted, so in the end, you lose. How you sleep at night is beyond me. mother in law ended up having the $299.99 charge canceled VIA the BANK!

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

In this digital era, it is inevitable that organizations that provide products or services will get
complaints. OmniTech Support has indeed few unhappy customers, but that number is a tiny fraction in proportion to our satisfied customers. Out of courtesy, many organizations provide a common platform; such as online complaint forum or complaint blogs to shed light on the Service Providers and Their Impact on Customers. Among these complaints, a few might have some merit due to a
misunderstanding of the services rendered and, unfortunately, a few are biased, or simply not reasonable to an informed person. The Ripoffreport.com is one of those respected organizations and we sincerely appreciate their job to convey to us our upset customers complaint and feedback.

In this instance, we simply refunded the FULL amount and communicated to this customer because the customer claimed he allegedly did not receive quality services from OmniTech support.

Mr. Tony Krzyzosiak might have searched for Microsoft support (as opposed to support from/by
Microsoft) on Google or on any search engine and OmniTech would definitely come up, as we are a large support organization for any Microsoft Product. This is TOTALLY incorrect that Omni Supports phone number is placed on Microsofts support website. We are independent Technical support company and have no relation with Microsoft. We provide support for various software issues with the help of our hundreds of Microsoft certified technicians. Its like a mechanic being certified to work on Ford cars and trucks is not necessarily an employee of Ford Motor Company.  Mr. Krzyzosiak is 100% wrong in this regard and his claim about Microsofts lawyers looking into this is bogus.

On August 31, 2012, the customer came to us saying that he is facing an issue with his computer
programs and it says "not responding". Then he paid $129.99 for us to fix that issue. A solution might, in retrospect, appear to be obvious, but initially all logical troubleshooting steps should be attempted, as there can be many causes behind an issue. Therefore, our technician ran a PC Health Check up on the customers computer and which, in this case, obviously displayed some negative
results. We cannot manufacture these results! Our technician conveyed those results but the customer denied the existence of everything. The customer did not possibly understand how Polymorphic viruses work.

A polymorphic virus is a computer virus which is capable of mutating itself when it replicates, making
it more difficult to identify with most antivirus software. The first known polymorphic virus was developed in 1990, in the early days of the Internet. It can be difficult to mount an adequate defense against a polymorphic virus, even with excellent antivirus software which has been designed to attempt to detect such viruses.

Then our technician found a Rogue Virus on the customers computer but the customer was unconvinced about that fact. The customer argued and claimed that Rogue can be automatically detected and removed by MSE. That is not true. First off ... We would love to see MSE be a complete success, but it seems to have trouble with the Rogue Anti-Virus Software programs.We informed the customer that Rogue Virus does not only damage the computer programs so that they wont  function properly but so many of them also disable Anti-Virus programs, disable Win Firewall, disable Win Task Manager, and plenty of other very bad things.

Remember you could NOT have 100% security in any platform and with any Anti-Virus thats why beside Technology we have Security awareness and teach customer how to browse safely. MSE detects millions of malware ... its a great program... but it doesnt detect them all, nor does it claim to.

However, our technician worked on the customers computer and resolved the issue. The customer checked himself that all the computer programs were functioning properly. Unbelievably, the customer claimed that our technician planted a VIRUS on his computer, which is totally baseless. We record our each and every remote session in its entirety and we can PROVE it that nothing was done by us that may cause the customers computer any damage. Our technician has not deleted anything from his computer and SIMPLY we do not do that.   We can prove this!

In this complaint, there is some flat misinformation given by this person who apparently did not fully understand the process of online support. Later, the customer asked for refund and on September 02, 2012 and in spite of us spending hours fixing his myriad of issues, we refunded the FULL amount of his $129.99 payment made to OmniTech Support. Then, we called him to let him know about the refund, but we reached his voice mail.  We have proof of that call.  We also sent an email with the refund transaction details, but the customer never responded.  We, again, have proof of that.

The transaction details of the refund initiated are given below:

Transaction Approved:
----------------------------

Auth Code: 357901643
Ref #: 357891620

In summary, we believe that customers are human and deserved to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect. To the best of our abilities, we bend over backwards to make sure our
customers are satisfied, even when they are misinformed, or just plain in the wrong.  People make mistakes.  Our professionalism and policies are why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.