Complaint Review: Omni Tech Support

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2016

• Reported By: ronin — greensboro North Carolina United States of America
Omni Tech Support

Omni Tech Support Terrified me into puchasing $99.00 fix for malware/hacker protection , Internet

On 12/10/12, I attempted to download software on my computer.  When the soft ware could not be downloaded, I spoke with a customer service person who transferred the call to Omni Tech Support.  They went into my computer played around for a while and told me that I had over 9400 malware issues and that is why the software could not be downloaded and that's why my pc was not working properly; running slow, yada yada.  The tech told me that to fix the problem I needed to pay $199 and everything would be completed.  I paid $99 for a 1-time fix and was informed that if the problem  returned that there would be no charge.  Well the problem is this...it returned; along with another telephone call from a XANE Websol Rep named "David" who informed me that someone was hacking my computer and that they had already gotten into it and was searching through my files, bank accts etc.  He told me that XANE was not microsoft but were looking at the hacking that was taking place on my pc.  How do they know?  They told me that Omni Tech was a fraud and presented this website to me to show the complaints. I  don't know who to believe; however, since the problem returned, I had an online chat with a Omni Tech who ran another scan and told me that I now have over 12000 issues.  While the scan was going on the XANE Tech called my home.  When I told him that I was online with OMNI Tech he took control of the computer and tried to type in a comment.  The Omni Tech Support person immediately ended the session.  Is everyone who claims to provide service a crook?  I am going to dispute this chanrge until I can determine who is the bigger liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/internet/Omni-Tech-Support-Terrified-me-into-puchasing-9900-fix-for-malwarehacker-protection--982280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support