Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: Jane — Oak Ridge Tennessee
OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe

OmniTech Support REVIEW: Omni Tech customer satisfaction commitment. OmniTech Support has implemented a new level of support to ensure that all customers receive the highest level of support possible. Incorporating a new level of support headquartered in Los Angeles, providing quality control so clients are always satisfied. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program as a safe business service Omni Tech Support pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support. Ripoff Report Verified

*UPDATE Employee: System File Checker scan and Operating System download consumed most of the troubleshooting time which also depends on the system performance and the internet speed

*Author of original report: Took 32 hours for Omnitech to reinstall (only my hlp file.

Ripoff Report Verified REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Supports service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.
OmniTech Support is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

Customer Focus Services (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customers money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the companys advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and theyll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, Many times a customers computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. Theres still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. Were investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldnt run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasnt satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasnt working fast enough to have it scanned.

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.
Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Reports guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.
Within the companys upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we cant help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didnt see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.

"Satisfying a customers expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
---------------------------------------

Omni  my bad experience with Omnisupport, Internet

My help files were accidental deleted.  I knew I couldnt uninstall and install them back without losing my data.  I did not know how to get only the help files from the install DVD to load back into Windows 7.  I went to Microsoft Community to find help.   I assumed they were more familiar with Windows 7 and it would be a fast simple solution reloading the missing files.  My computer was preforming beautiful before the techs tried to reinstall the help files.

April 11th, 11:00 A.M contacted Omni to reinstall the help files.  I have never been had so pressured to upgrade to a better plan with a six month warranty and etc. in my life.  Finally I told the tech to fix whatever he could with the money I had already paid.  Then he started telling me about all of the numerous problems on my system.  Finally after the first tech realized he wasnt going to be able to fraud me with his deceiving information, he started tests, checks, helps, and etc.  We got disconnected several times.  I called the phone support twice but couldnt understand a word the woman said.  I asked her if there was anyone that spoke English that I could talk to.  No reply.

Every time I was able to log back onto the Internet help, I was assigned a new tech and they went through the same test, checks, reinstall programs, and created new issues that had to be addressed.  They worked the entire night trying to reinstall the one file and fixing all the issues they created each time they tried to install files.  Twenty six hours later, the tech was still working on fixing the issues.  They kept telling me it would be fixed soon.  Four or five times the tech said the issues were fixed and the system was working property.  I went back on the system and found new problems they created.  I logged back onto your internet tech help.  Same bull over and over.

I couldnt download any photos to or from e-mail.  They had to straighten my library files, which they messed up.  My Comcast voice mail would not work.  They had to redo the path to photo files and straighten it up.  My Firefox and bookmarks were connected to another program they installed and wouldnt work.  I had to go to the store and by a DVD.  Once when they tried installing one of their programs the system said wasnt enough memory.  Then tech asked me if he could uninstall updates.

I told him no; because, Microsoft sends updates security patches to protect your system against the latest virus.  They had to reinstall the printer.  They asked me numerous times for me to type my Windows 7 confirmation code in.  I told them that I could read.  Next they insisted that my Windows 7 was not an original.  I told them I purchased it from the internet Microsoft Store.  After insulting me numerous times with repeated questions because they assumed I was retarded or was giving them incorrect information because they couldnt fix the issues, they realized, I was not the one wrong.

April 14th It took nearly thirty two hours for the techs to install the help files.  I have never experienced this magnitude of problems in my forty years with computers.  I know enough about computers to know that any professional tech would not have taken over an hour to reinstall the one deleted file.  I was charged twice the amount that I was charged in past experiences.  If I am not compensated for the mental anguish I experience for the extended length of time, almost thirty two hours, I am going to protest loudly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 03:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTech-Support-Ripoff-Report-Verified-Safe/internet/OmniTech-Support-REVIEW-Omni-Tech-customer-satisfaction-commitment-OmniTech-Support-has-1043593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe

AUTHOR: Omnitech Support - ()

In this digital world, it is inevitable that organizations that provide products or services will get complaints. OmniTech Support has also had a few unhappy customers, but that number is a tiny fraction in proportion to the tens of thousands of our satisfied customers. We have resolved or refuted 100% of any complaints against us, real or bogus. Out of courtesy, many organizations provide a common platform, such as online complaint forums or complaint blogs to shed light on the Service Providers and their impact on customers. Among these complaints, a few might have some merit due to a misunderstanding of the services rendered and, unfortunately, others are biased, planted by a competitor, or simply not reasonable to an informed person. The Ripoff Report is one of those respected organizations and we sincerely appreciate their efforts to convey to companies any upset customer’s complaints and feedback.

Ms. D**** contacted us on April 11, 2013 with a complex issue related to her Operating System: “Help and support files are deleted after a Microsoft Fix it and need to reinstall it” and paid $249.99 to fix the issue. We did also informed about our various Service Plans & Offers, as they are beneficial and cost effective for our customers by offering monthly maintainence and unlimited tech support, but she declined the upgrade.

The service charge of $249.99 was conveyed to the customer and we charged her only after her acceptance of service agreement, which includes details of our generous refund policies.

However, the issue was not fixed at that moment, as the chat was disconnected even before our technician initiated the resolution steps, due to the instability of her Internet connectivity.

Immediately, we called her back and got her connected to our senior technician. There are many sides and approaches to a problem or issue which we will have to select the one which is more efficient (& convenient) for the customers. Here, the technician tried to resolve the issue by manually installing the missing Windows Help Files and registered it with Windows registr,y but it did not resolve the issue. Then, the technician created a Windows User Account and checked the issue in new User Account. The issue was same in New User Account also. This indicated that the issue was with Operation System files/registry related not with Windows User Account. Therefore, the technician performed System File Checker Scan to check any Integrity Violation in Windows System Files and registry.

System File Checker scan found Windows Integrity Violations (corrupted files) but was unable to fix it automatically. Therefore, the next step to resolve the issue was to repair the Windows Operating System itself, it being the last & the only option.

The technician conveyed the same message to Ms. D****, took the permission from her and initiated Windows 7 Operating System download in her computer. It was showing it was going to take 2+ hours to finish the download. Therefore, technician asked her to get back to us once the download finished.

On the very next day, April 12, 2013 customer came to us and the issue was resolved after repairing the Operation System and she also gave the confirmation for the same.

C-TECH 19: Please be online for a moment.

CC-TECH 19: Brenda, I will be online with you, please have a check and let me know if the issues have been fixed.

Brenda D****: do you want me to go online now

CC-TECH 19: Yes Brenda.

Brenda D****: It all seems to be working now

Brenda D****: has this been as stressful to you as me

CC-TECH 19: Not much Brenda, I am glad that the issue was resolved.

Brenda D****: is documents in my e-mail in case there is a problems not fixed that the first tech caused, I haven't seen yet, that I can contract you later for help

Brenda D****: help files my only problem i had is fixed

Brenda D****: thanks for understanding when I got so stressed I had a melt down

CC-TECH 19: Okay Brenda, you can contact us for further reference by clicking on the HELP icon.

CC-TECH 19: I do understand your concern.

Brenda D****: thank you so much - know how click on help icon

The Windows activation key is a case-sensitive Alpha-Numeric code, and if a single code is not matching then the whole key have to be entered again. Even, it might get block if we entered more than the number of trial permitted.

The activation code which the customer entered at first was incorrect, so we requested her to re-entered again. On the third time, the activation was successful as the code was entered correctly.

After this, Ms. D**** contacted us with many other issues (Printer issue, Windows Update issue, remove application Belarc and u-torrent, Need to free hard disk space in windows 7 & Need to remove Bonjour and Apple software update.) and we have resolved all the issues. She also gave confirmed for all the above issues.

On April 18, 2013 customer made a Rip-off complaint and we tried calling her in order to address her concern but were unable to get through.

As the initial issue was complex and Operating System component related, hence it took longer than expected time to fix the issue completely. System File Checker scan and Operating System download consumed most of the troubleshooting time which also depends on the system performance and the internet speed. The technician did not work on the customer’s online for the whole 32 hours as claimed by Ms. D****. As most of the resolution part involves download and scanning the files, the technician did not stay on the remote access for the whole entire time. The technician informed the customer to get back to us once the process was over as mentioned above. The customer did agree and follow as informed.

Here, Ms. D**** also failed to Outline the extra FREE help we have provided to her after the initial issue was completely fixed, even though she had paid only to fix the issue for which she contacted us at the first place. We valued our customers and as a courtesy and we provided the extra help, so that she could understand how useful ongoing support is.

In conclusion, we believe that customers are human and deserved to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect. To the best of our abilities, we bend over backwards to make sure our customers are satisfied.  That’s why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Took 32 hours for Omnitech to reinstall (only my hlp file.

AUTHOR: Jane - ()

My help files were accidental deleted.  I knew I couldnt uninstall and install them back without losing my data.  I did not know how to get only the help files from the install DVD to load back into Windows 7.  I went to Microsoft Community to find help.  I assumed they were more familiar with Windows 7 and it would be a fast simple solution to reinstall the missing files.

April 11th, 11:00 A.M contacted Omni to reinstall the help files.

I have never been had so pressured to upgrade to a better plan with a six month warranty and etc. in my life.  Finally I told the tech to fix whatever he could with the money I had already paid.  Then he started telling me about all of the numerous problems on my system.  Finally after the first tech realized he wasnt going to be able to fraud me with his deceiving information, he started tests, checks, helps, and etc.  We got disconnected several times.  I called the phone support twice but couldnt understand a word the woman said.  I asked her if there was anyone that spoke English that I could talk to.  No reply.  Every time I was able to log back onto the Internet help, I was assigned a new tech and they went through the same test, checks, reinstall programs, and created new issues that had to be addressed.  They worked the entire night trying to reinstall the one file and fixing all the issues they created each time they tried to install files.

Twenty six hours later, the tech was still working on fixing the issues.  They kept telling me it would be fixed soon.  Four or five times the tech said the issues were fixed and the system was working property.  I went back on the system and found new problems they created.  I logged back onto your internet tech help.  Same bull over and over.  I couldnt download any photos to or from e-mail.  They had to straighten my library files, which they messed up.  My Comcast voice mail would not work.  They had to redo the path to photo files and straighten it up.  My Firefox and bookmarks were connected to another program they installed and wouldnt work.  I had to go to the store and by a DVD.  Once when they tried installing one of their programs the system said wasnt enough memory.  Then tech asked me if he could uninstall updates.  I told him no; because, Microsoft sends updates security patches to protect your system against the latest virus.  They had to reinstall the printer. They asked me numerous times for me to type my Windows 7 confirmation code in.  I told them that I could read.  Next they insisted that my Windows 7 was not an original.  I told them I purchased it from the internet Microsoft Store.  After insulting me numerous times with repeated questions because they assumed I was retarded or was giving them incorrect information because they couldnt fix the issues, they realized, I was not the one wrong.

April 14th

April 17th
Omnisupport called several to ask me if the issue was fixed.  I told yes and how unhappy I was with their service.  They said they were sorry for the inconvenience.  The last time I called they ask me if I was with Time or something - hard to understand them.  Waste of my time talking to them.  Will never use them again and will advise the people I connect with not to either.