Complaint Review: OmniTech Support

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2016

• Reported By: gentlemind — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
OmniTech Support

OmniTech Support They r***d me well. I was referred by Microsoft to these people!! So I got it twice! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to close this matter and hope Ms. Adrienne A. Young got her money credited on her account and we can consider this matter as closed.

I got a phone call this afternoon from 212 512 2524 telling me they were from Microsoft and that over 87 computers in my area had been hacked. I knew that Microsoft is not equipped to call us all so I hung up and called my isp. Century link took the report and told me to call Microsoft which I did and Microsoft then referred me to these knuckleheads. They told me I had been hacked and needed to clean my computer. Then tried to sell me the $300 package, I said no, then the 169 dollar package I said no, Then came up with a $79.99 finally I just said yes. Well then after a few more minutes a supervisor came up with another $40.00 and I could have a six month. Ok. anything to get out the hacker out of my computer. I watched as they d/l 2 programs off of cnet and then ran those programs. One was ccin and the other was malaware. I could have used the program I already have for that! Watched them run and delete the program. I had a funweb that was from a birthday card I received via the email and he deleted it too soon for me to see the rest. Then they inform me that I needed to stay away from those sites but couldnt tell me what sites to stay away from! I want my money back! They way they talked my whole computer was in danger and it wasn't!! I am so angry! Your going to another website d/l free programs so that you can check my computer?? I THINK NOT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTech-Support/internet/OmniTech-Support-They-rd-me-well-I-was-referred-by-Microsoft-to-these-people-So-I-go-948555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTech Support

I'm sure an apology isn't really something you're looking for but here it is. We apologize for any
inconvenience you might have faced during our services. We work for customers and we always look after the customers business with their purchased service from us. We refunded $40 that you paid to sign up for Half-Yearly Plan. $79.99 was deducted for the service you had received from OmniTech; to check your computer and fixing initial issue and it is fair charges for hours of work on your system.

We tried to communicate with you to conclude this issue but we reached your mail box that was full. We sent an email too.

account and we can consider this matter as closed.

Here is what happened in brief.

Ms. Adrienne A. Young called us and informed that she got a call from Microsoft saying, people around her had been hacked and she wants us to check her computer. Hence, our technician handled the chat and checked her computer after getting her permission. Our technician scanned the computer and the scan result showed some system errors and broken registry. Our technician conveyed the scan results to the customer.

As our system assurance plans are beneficial and most economical which includes Monthly Optimization sessions and Unlimited Technical support for any software issues; we offered our service plans to the customer but the customer denied. Later the customer agreed to pay $79.99 to make the system bug free and at peak performance level. As certain offers were announced that day, we again offered her half yearly plan at $119.99 and the customer agreed for it. Then the customer paid extra $40 and subscribed for Half Yearly service plan.

Below is the chat transcript where the customer agreed to pay us:

2:43 AM Tech 2: Alright, in that case; you can pay just for the current session and get this issue resolved right away.
2:43 AM Tech 2: The nominal charge to fix the current issue only is $79.99.
2:43 AM Tech 2: I will stay online with you until the issue is resolved completely no matter how long it takes.
2:43 AM Adrienne: ok
2:47 AM Tech 2: Thank you for the confirmation.
2:47 AM Tech 2: I would like to inform you that, if you have any issues with our service, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.
2:48 AM Tech 2: You can contact us through our Telephone Support, available at 1-800-966-9940 (8 am to 2 am Eastern Time.
2:48 AM Tech 2: I just received an update from my supervisor, he has agreed to provide you the 6 months plan for just $40 more.
2:49 AM Adrienne: ok
2:49 AM Tech 2: Please be online while I inform my billing department to charge you $40 more to avail the 6 months plan.
2:50 AM Adrienne: k
2:50 AM Tech 2: Thank you for the payment.

Next, our technician worked on the issue and removed those errors related to computer performance. The issue was resolved and the customer checked and confirmed that.

Below is the chat for the customers confirmation:

04:07 Tech 91: Let me inform you that your internet explorer security settings have not been restricted so this occurs and i have changed the settings and your internet usage is now safe an
04:08 Adrienne Young: yeah ok..
04:08 Tech 91: For updating our records, I would like you to kindly  confirm if the issue has been fixed by replying with a YES or NO.
04:08 Adrienne Young: you can release me now
04:09 Tech 91: Thank you for the confirmation.
04:10 Tech 91: May I go ahead and end the session now?
04:10 Adrienne Young: please
04:10 Tech 91: It was a pleasure assisting you today.
04:10 Tech 91: Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
04:10 Tech 91: Thank you for contacting OmniTech Support.
04:10 Tech 91: Have a great time ahead.
04:10 The customer ended the session.

Fake call issue has been bothering side effects for the consumers from long time and they are being
trapped into scams. This we felt after our online survey and from our hundreds of customers feedback. But in this instance, we informed the customer at initial conversation that Microsoft personnel do not call their customers but all the errors and issues are collected in the computer will be delivered to Microsoft via secure protocol to deal with these issues in future. We did not
tell the customer that her computer was hacked by hackers.

Below is the chat transcript for what we informed the customer:

2:20 AM Adrienne: I just got a phone call from someone claiming to be Microsoft telling me that 87 people in my  area had been hacked
2:20 AM Adrienne: He had my name and address, and phone number
2:21 AM Adrienne: I told him if it was Microsoft you all would have sent me an alert my email I had never gotten a phone call
2:22 AM Adrienne: He asked if I was sitting in front of my computer and I said that it sounded like a hack job to me so I hung up on him. His phone number is 212 512 2524
2:22 AM Tech 2: Thank you for sharing this information with us.
2:22 AM Tech 2: Errors and infection report collected in the computer will be delivered to Microsoft via secure protocol to deal with these issues in future.
2:22 AM Tech 2: However, Microsoft representatives do not call its customers. To fix these issues other methods are implemented. This is a fake call.
2:22 AM Tech 2: Even though this is a fake call, we cannot overrule the possibility of infections in the computer.

Moreover, Microsoft websites are not directing their customers to OmniTech Support and we are not part of Microsoft. The customer had a birthday E-card that contained a link of website and indeed that website was suspicious when we ran a diagnosis tool and it was listed under the scan result.
Therefore, we removed that website from the customers browser bookmark while removing the other infections. We suggested the customer to surf internet safely. One point among all to keep your computer safe is not to open any attachment or not to click any unknown link sent by unknown person. That is what we informed the customer. Unfortunately, the customer misunderstood us.

We tried to reach the customer numerous times to sort this matter out but there was no response from the customer. As she asked us to cancel the service plan, we refunded her $40 after deducting of $79.99 for the service rendered by OmniTech.

Below are the refund transaction details:

Transaction Approved.
Auth Code: 369281080
Ref #: 369271057

Later we sent mail informing the refund status with refund transaction details.

Please understand that every organization have few or more complaints that is bother some side effect but those few complaints do not reflect the view of the Company as a whole.