Complaint Review: OmniTech Support

• Submitted: Sat, January 22, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 27, 2011

• Reported By: Claire — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
OmniTech Support

OmniTech Support is NOT A LEGITIMATE COMPANY .. they just take your money and run! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customers issue has been addressed

I was directed to Omni Tech Support through the Sony Vaio website so I assumed it was legitimate. BIG MISTAKE! After spending $199 dollars and wasting over 6 hours on-line with several different support techs it was obvious that I'd been had. After the 6th phone call back to their 1-800-966-9940 service number, they didn't even both to answer the phone but just left me on hold for over 30 minutes without ever picking. I am kicking myself for not doing a search on them before I started down this road because they have a pattern of fraud based on the multiple complaints.

I have requested a full refund from them in accordance with the terms and conditions listed on their website. However, I have no expectation that I will receive anything. I also intend to contact Sony and let them know that their website is leading customers to this company. This has definitely turned my opinion of Sony products and I will hesitate before buying another one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTech-Support/internet/OmniTech-Support-is-NOT-A-LEGITIMATE-COMPANY-they-just-take-your-money-and-run-Inter-685661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTech Support

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customers issue has been addressed

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

Customer contacted to us on January 22nd 2011 with an issue: Her computer had a black screen after resuming from sleep mode. Our technician worked on the issue and its was resolved after taking multiple steps. The customer was asked to get back to us if the issue still persists.On the same day customer returned to our technician through a phone call, informing us that the issue still persisted. Immediately our technician controlled the customers computer remotely and worked on the issue. Then our technician requested the customer to restart the computer and asked to check on the issue resolution. Furthermore, the technician informed the customer to get back to us if issue reoccurs. Customer acknowledged the same. The customer had called us 4 times and all the calls were answered and customer was connected to the technician, however, as our average speed to answer a call is under 45 seconds, we do not understand how it supposedly took over a half an hour for her call to be picked up. That doesnt happen.

On 22nd January 2011 customer mailed us requesting for refund and cancellation of the service plan. An email response was sent to the customer informing that the refund request has been escalated to the finance department and she will get a confirmation email on the status of the request in the next 4-5 business days.

Even though our technicians had spent several hours to resolve the issue and updated the customer to get back to us if the issue is not resolved, as per the customers request we have refunded the full amount of $199.99 which customer paid to us on 23rd January. We want our customers to be happy.

Mentioned below are the transaction details of the Refund initiated:

Transaction Approved:

Auth Code: 211617878
Ref #: 211607855

An email was sent to the customer notifying her about the refund made by us on the same day and on January 24th the customer was phoned and we left a voice mail about the refund.