Complaint Review: OmniTechSupport

• Submitted: Fri, April 20, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 22, 2016

• Reported By: Robert — Los Angeles California United States of America
OmniTechSupport

OmniTechSupport Refuse to issue the refund they said they would after I spent 4 days trying to resolve the problem Internet, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Make sure you remove their software!

*Author of original report: OmniTech Support

On or about March 29, I contacted Omnitech about  my inability to access my E-mail account.
I requested a "ONE TIME" service charge of $99.99.  The tech offered my a plan for $199.99 for
15 months.

On April 3, they charged my account $299.99. They did refund $100.00 on April 6. BUT......
prior to that I gave them one last chance to correct the problem.

I sent them the following E-mail.

I just spent over two hours with THREE of your support people, Andrew, Gary and Charles beginning at 8:48 AM PDT... it is now 10:55. Charles wanted to UNINSTALL my AVG Internet Secuity software.

AVG has been very good for me for over 3 years. I said ABSOLUTELY not.

Since Omnitech was not able to resolve the issue after spending over 15 hours with your people
and have had no success, I no longer wish to contine with Omnitech Support.

THERFORE, I am requesting a FULL refund.
This E-mail was sent to ADAM at [email protected]

They still owe me $199.99.

I would NOT  recommend this company for software support

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTechSupport/internet/OmniTechSupport-Refuse-to-issue-the-refund-they-said-they-would-after-I-spent-4-days-tryi-871497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTechSupport

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Make sure you remove their software!

AUTHOR: Anon. - (United States of America)

Make sure you remove their software!  Go to start, then control panel, then add or remove programs; click on the Logmein and remove it.  Also the Rescue Logmein and any other they may have had you use.  And if you gave them your password to your computer, change it.  Also, remove Belaric Advisor.

Check you software programs for security software and make sure that any of the old programs are changed to "Not allowed."  Hope this helps.

OmniTech Support

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

Today, April 27, 2012, I was checking my E-mails and found that all of my Incoming and outgoing E-mails regarding OmniTech have vanished, even their listing in my address book. I had a problem that I had to have corrected that had affected my AVG Internet Sceurity software. I find this very interesting in that this happened after I filed a report with RIPOFFREPORT. They had had access..

... By the way, I still have not heard from them. Makes you wonder.