Complaint Review: Omnitech Support

• Updated: Wed, December 23, 2015

• Reported By: cyndee — Canandaigua New York United States of America
Omnitech Support
(somewhere in CA>) Internet, California United States of America

Omnitech Support Fraudulently frustrating!! They've "taken over" my computer, as self-appointed "Administrator"!! They do not answer their phone. Internet, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Head for the Hills.

*UPDATE Employee: If the customer wants to discontinue the service, we will issue her a pro-rated refund of the two months of the plan not used by her

In February 2011 I was having computer problems.  When my local server could not help me I googled up Omnitech Support.  When I declined their high pressure offer of a 6 month maintenance agreement for $99.99, I was informed that I had just incurred a charge of $60. for the service they had just performed.  In spite of being on Social INSecurity, I finally agreed to go for the 6 mo. service.
Omnitech has performed a "monthly routine maintenance", and they have inserted their ICON as "administrator" for a user of my computer.  I notified them twice to remove it, and they said they would, but did not.  When I went to log in this evening it said there was another user on.

These people rarely answer their phone, which is supposed to give service "24/7"!!  I do not want them using my computer, and am very frustrated that they have made themselves inaccessable.
I will say that the ones I have connected with are very polite and agreeable sounding.  That does not help their non-compliance!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omnitech-Support/Internet-California-/Omnitech-Support-Fraudulently-frustrating-Theyve-taken-over-my-computer-as-self-ap-728673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omnitech Support

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Head for the Hills.

AUTHOR: Anon. - (United States of America)

Yeah, I tried them too because I was tied of lugging my desktop down to my local Computer Co-op to get it fixed and thought it would be easier to do.  It did not work out that way as the prices for people on Social Security are way higher than necessary and the work is substandard.

They are in another country, India, so your security is compromised when they go into it.  You should go to your start button, click on it, go to the control panel, click on it, go to Add or Delete Programs, click on it, Look in the programs for Logmein, and delete that program.

Look for a Computer Co-op in your area, or a natural food store as it may have names of people who do computer work for less expense than retail stores (less overhead).

This customer contacted us on February 9, 2011 with an issue: Unable to open Outlook Express. Accordingly,
our technician handled the chat and examined the issue and explained the exact issue to the customer. We never forced the customer to sign up for our service plan.
In an aside we gave a better option to pay for One Time Fix. As the Half-Yearly Service plan is better option to go with, customer signed up with us for Half-Yearly Service Plan by paying $99.99. That is extremely inexpensive for a
half-yearly plan.

We served the issue resolution within an hour and customer confirmed the issue resolution and stated that she
was happy with the service provided.  Below is the chat transcript:

Tech 9: Please have a check and confirm with it that your issue has been resolved.

5853940939: Alright. Thank youi, Jason. Good bye.

On February 11, 2011 this customer called us and asked for full refund without any reason. However, customer was convinced after getting our explanation about the service plan which she signed up for and which is very beneficial and for anyone who uses their computer on the Internet. Then we sent an email to the customer explaining all the details of the service plan.

As per the service plan, we tried to perform Optimization session on the customers computer but we couldnt, because her computer was not on and connected to the Internet as was agreed. Then we did several follow ups but customer did not respond to us at all.

On May 8, 2011 customer came to us for Optimization and because she left her computer on we performed first
Optimization on the customers computer. On the very next day customer came to us saying that she was not able to find the user account after Optimization.
Our technician fixed the issue and showed her the user account. Then customer requested us to delete the OTS account which was there for Optimization. Technician explained that the files in her account does not get affected by the OTS
account and LogMeIn. Technician also explained that the Test Account was placed on her computer solely for the Optimization.

On May 11, 2011 customer contacted us to install the Adobe Flash player and to delete the OTS icon. Our technician deleted the OTS icon (all you have to do is click on and delete the icon..she could have done this anytime) and while working on the Adobe Flash Player customer disconnected the chat session.

It is baseless that we did not answer her phone calls. We received every call from the customer and answered
her at once.

Generally, we create one Test Account to perform routine based Optimization. However, we always pre-notify
our customer before accessing customers computer for Optimization or to work on it remotely. Without customers permission, we never access customers computer.

If the customer wants to discontinue the service, we will issue her a pro-rated refund of the two months of the plan not used by her.