Complaint Review: Omnitech

• Updated: Fri, January 22, 2016

• Reported By: Anon. — Jackson Mississippi United States of America
Omnitech
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Omnitech, Omnitech Support They made the problems worse and admitted that they cannot work on older computers. Los Angeles, California

This computer service provider goes by a number of different names, which is a red flag right there.  It is not associated with the GPS manufacturer of a nearly similar name.  And while they have an office in Los Angeles, their HQ is in Mubai, India and most if not all of your service will be provided from that service center.  They go to great lengths to disguise the fact that they are in Mubai by saying their names are David or Jason or Cynthia or whatever.  When pressed, they cannot give an answer unless their supervisors approve it.

To the service I received, I too was told I had a polymorphic virus and it would cost $199.95.  I was charged less because I was on Social Security.  When they got through over several days or so of my working with them, I discovered my D drive was gone, all sound was gone, many files were wiped, the computer could not restore back because the FAT files had disappeared from drive D.  Then, they told me that they were unable to work on older computers because they were too slow.  They refunded $140.00 after a two week wait to my credit card.

To repair this disaster, I turned to my local Computer Co-op in Jackson, MS. and spend $100 and waited for over two and a half weeks as they worked on my computer.  They did find five infections in the computer using a sophisticated professional program and removed them, then had to do a repair/reinstall to complete the fix.

I would advise all people on the Internet NOT to use Omnitech as their service or repair provider for their computer(s) as they are deceptive, fail to provide the service requested, and will cause worse problems for your computer down the road.  They also are a security threat as they operate over the Internet from a foreign country.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omnitech/Los-Angeles-California-/Omnitech-Omnitech-Support-They-made-the-problems-worse-and-admitted-that-they-cannot-work-906814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omnitech