Complaint Review: Omron

• Submitted: Thu, May 07, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 07, 2009

• Reported By:Hermiston Oregon
Omron
1200 Lakeside Drive Bannock, Illinois U.S.A.

Omron Health Care Products Omron refuses to pay shipping to return new from store defective blood pressure monitor Bannock Illinois

We bought a new in box Omron HEM-650N wrist blood pressure monitor from Wal Mart. Took it home and tried it and it reads way low and inconsistent on all the five people that tried it. It was compared to the one at the Pharmacy and it reads LOW and inconsistent. None of us have any of the disorders or diseases that would cause this problem. it was immediately taken back to Wal Mart and they refused to accept it back because it says on the box ... IT MUST BE RETURNED TO OMRON. I called Omron and they confirmed this and opened a case file and gave me the address in San Antonio, Texas to send it for repairs ... along with a $5 check for return postage and mail it at my expense, insured which comes to over $8 by USPS for a total of $13 shipping on a NEW defective product.

Why should I have to pay for shipping? This is a manufacturing defect and Wal Mart should have to take it back and return it to the company, not me, however Wal Mart claims they cannot return it because of the legal disclaimer on the box. Omron claims they have this practice because most problems are caused by ignorant consumers that don't read directions. Boo hoo hoo so Omron is now the victim. They refuse to make an exception even for the customers that are not STUPID people. They never called me stupid, but it was sure implied. The device is made in China and not tested by Omron before selling, yet they have the gall to blame the customer for damaging or not operating properly.

This is no way was our error or failure to operate correctly. It was recommended to us by a Pharmacist that uses the same model and she says ours needs calibration and nothing we did following instructions on it's use caused any problem. it came from the OMRON FACTORY defective!

Omron refuses to pay for shipping to their repair center. I refuse to spend any more money on this defective monitor. THIS ISN'T RIGHT!

Now before some of you loyal do gooders file a rebuttal, let me say I have had several of Omron products in the past and never a problem. This was the first time I have ever encountered trouble. I am not saying Omron makes defective items intentionally, but defects happen with mass produced slave labor electronics and I got a defect, maybe the only one out of millions, however none of this excuses Omron's responsibility to accept this back as defective from Wal Mart or repair it with NO COST to me! Wal Mart would not even let us try another one without buying it.

Omron needs to change this BAD and possibly illegal policy!!!!! Inferring that customers are stupid doesn't set well with me.

Fleeced
Hermiston, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2009 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omron/Bannock-Illinois-60015-1243/Omron-Health-Care-Products-Omron-refuses-to-pay-shipping-to-return-new-from-store-defectiv-449627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omron